Confirmed with Link: Pens trade for Patric Marleau

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Imagine complaining about an "overpayment" when we're talking about a 3rd round pick :laugh:

This website overrates the shit out of draft picks. Nothing outside of a 1st or 2nd rounder is worth much.
we recently had a very good stretch with draft picks...Jake, Marino, Petts, McCann,

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
yeah, he’s not really a 200 foot player...he probably needs to be with other players who do the work, which is why I don’t like him with Geno..

Huh?

I want Geno doing 200 foot work. Key is the RW. Needs to be a worker bee like Rust usually is.

And frankly, I still think Malkin admiring Marleau matters. I expect him, as a matter of pride, to bust his ass for Marleau.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I dig it. Malkin said he was the most underrated player in the league years ago, so he’s got at least one big fan.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huh?

I want Geno doing 200 foot work. Key is the RW. Needs to be a worker bee like Rust usually is.

And frankly, I still think Malkin admiring Marleau matters. I expect him, as a matter of pride, to bust his ass for Marleau.

G needs someone to get him the puck on the forecheck since Rusty has been injured and not going full out the last 10 games..

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Huh?

Yeah, the moment I heard Marleau being floated around, I thought Malkin would love to play with him. It was more than once Malkin mentioned Marleau as being one of his favorite players. And I'm pretty sure Marleau has stated in the past Mario was his favorite player growing up. One would think both parties are going to try and get the most out of this.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huh?

G needs someone to get him the puck on the forecheck since Rusty has been injured and not going full out the last 10 games..

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

It'd be nice to get a healthy lineup so maybe we can give Rust a few games off at some point. We need him at or near 100% to make a run of it this year with Guentzel out.

Reactions: Doogle and Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They certainly could try
Marleau-G-Rust
Just not so sure they breakup the
Rust-G-Horny
line atm.
So thats why i had him with Blueger and Tanev.

And since Sully is nutty like that i wouldn't doubt
Marleau-Sid-Zucker
Zucker-Sid-Marleau
is off the table either.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Lucky he’s pretty good at o zone battles then. One of the better players in the league

ERjczlCWAAE2i-h

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Haven't seen much of Marleau recently so not sure what to expect, but kinda cool that Marleau gets to be a Pen. And if he wins the cup, that'd be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Turin

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Reminds me alot of the Guerin deal 11 years ago. Has that feel to it

Yeah there seem to be quite a few parallels this year to 09. Both teams had/have a chip on their shoulder from the way the previous year ended. Lost a high end offensive player. Brought in a winger for Crosby and an older vet. Good news is that as good as Tampa is, they ain't the 08/09 Wings.

Reactions: Extra Texture

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Anywho. Hope it works out.
Lots of places to try him.
Hurry back Dumo/Marino.
And we should see Kahun/Marleau in right off the hop out west.
Let's get at 'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad