Confirmed with Link: Pens trade for Patric Marleau

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I like it. We've been playing too many scrubs in our bottom six, and Marleau is capable of filling in almost anywhere. I think he does more for us than Kovalchuk does for Washington; that move seemed redundant. The picks don't really matter. I'll happily trade a second to see Sid hand Pat the cup first

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
K, now where would y'all play him?
Assuming Kahun checks back in as well:

Zucker-Sid-Kahun/Simon
Rust-G-Horny
Marleu-Blueger-Tanev
Kahun/Simon-McCann-Lafferty

That ain't too shabby.

Zucker-Crosby-Kahun
Marleau-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Bjugstad-Hornqvist (I'd actually try Bjugstad on LW but I don't know if that will work)
Tanev-Blueger-Simon/ZAR

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Between him and Thorton they made the correct pick... a third was about as high as I thought he would probably go for, but I’ll take losing the 25% chance that 2nd even sees the nhl for a cup in a heartbeat

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
K, now where would y'all play him?
Assuming Kahun checks back in as well:

Zucker-Sid-Kahun/Simon
Rust-G-Horny
Marleu-Blueger-Tanev
Kahun/Simon-McCann-Lafferty

That ain't too shabby.
there are multiple combos there that may show up Wednesday night...all looking good...
You also forgot Sheary there ;)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
thats what I am afraid of. Would not worry if Rust is 100% hunter...Geno is playing both sides of the rink just fine...I am hearing that Marleu's possession and defensive numbers dropped this year (will have to check this)

yeah, he’s not really a 200 foot player...he probably needs to be with other players who do the work, which is why I don’t like him with Geno..

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We all love John Marino and PM made him look silly this year. I hope that's the guy we get. That's for sure.
this is another aspect of this trade that I like, we are really lacking some good mittens especially around the net, I was hoping to get some skill...Marleu fits that perfectly...

Reactions: Andy99

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
I really like this trade. He can still skate better than a lot of the league, brings a lot of leadership/heart and can slot in up and down the lineup. The price may seem steep but I think he puts up 0.5ppg with us.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
thats what I am afraid of. Would not worry if Rust is 100% hunter...Geno is playing both sides of the rink just fine...I am hearing that Marleu's possession and defensive numbers dropped this year (will have to check this)

That whole team has issues.

Put it this way: It's worth a look. IF it catches magic, the trickle down goes a long way to helping with other issues too.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Imagine complaining about an "overpayment" when we're talking about a 3rd round pick :laugh:

This website overrates the shit out of draft picks. Nothing outside of a 1st or 2nd rounder is worth much.
Lucky for us then since we dont even have a pick until the 4th round this season.

Ofc it's an overpayment.
Just because you dont think a 3rd is worth much doesn't mean there aren't players thats worth even less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad