Pre-Game Talk: Pens Start A West Coast Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
PyGladams (which may revert back to Gladasew) is completely dead weight and will prevent the Pens from being able to successfully roll 4 lines in the playoffs. This reminds me of the late 90s teams.

Eh, Pyatt could still do something and at least he has an actual asset, size. Gladams and Kobasew are completely known quantities that do nothing. Bylsma's idea of protecting a lead is also a Gladams problem and he keeps trying to cram them into everything.

Gladams has to go for a lot of reasons that are unique to them.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Pyatt will be waived again once players start getting healthy. When is Beau due back?

I'm not so convinced.

It seems completely beyond reason... but I'm just not convinced.

Probably because if we waived him he'll clear this time. And then we're stuck with him, whether he goes down to the AHL or not, it's still money on the cap. Dumb dumb and even dumber decision to pick him up in the first place. Even more ridiculous now.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 28s View translation
#Pens tweak lines at morning skate: Kunitz-Crosby-Gibbons Jokinen-Malkin-Neal Glass-Sutter-Pyatt Engelland-Vitale-Adams

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 48s View translation
#Pens D-pairs: Orpik-Despres Scuderi-Letang Maatta-Niskanen-Bortuzzo (3 rotated together)

Who's not playing at forward for Engo?

It looks like Sill.

I suppose if the ONLY choices are Despres vs. Sill, I'd rather keep Despres in the lineup. So glad that decision is being made here. But naturally I'd scratch somebody before Sill, but he's the new kid in town so naturally he doesn't have enough pull yet to stay in the lineup (even though Sill is our best option at 4C imo).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Anything to keep Engelland and Gladams in the lineup. We really need Engo in there so he can play top pk minutes on defense!!!

SuperDuper68

Dec 19, 2013
I really don't know what to say. There is so much stupid being said in the last 2 pages. You people really are baffling me.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My initial reaction as well. Of course they scratch one of the few bottom-6ers that's actually looked like he's given a damn recently in Sill.

The ******* made Gladams look bad.

I really do feel sorry for Sutter this season. He probably can't remember every winger he's played with, just numbered them. #9 is here and #5 is back because #7 is gone.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Another whiff by a guy named Duper.

That's it, YOOOOUUUU'''''''"RRRRRRRREEEEEEE OOOOOUUUUUTTTTTT!!!!for the season

:laugh:

bylsmarage.gif

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
He had no chance with Staal... so there was no tough decision there, really. Talbot got an offer he couldn't refuse from Philly. Again... not exactly a tough choice. Cooke was actually, IMO, a dumb non-sign. And Rupp... really?

Not exactly a stellar defense, Shelly.

You could get Rupp Talbot and Cooke and have enough for a legit non star winger for what you are paying Dupuis Glass and Adams in salaries. Staal was not resigning. All of those left via free agency and every one provided things this team lacks. Cooke brought grit and secondary scoring and could PK over Kobesew or D'agotini. Talbot can do everything Adams can do plus score. Rupp brought size and grinding ability that Glass cant touch. In each case our replacement was a sever downgrade to these players we lost, and the money they are getting isn't outrageous

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I think the last game in Vancouver was on October 6, 2011.

Pens won 4-3 in a shoot out

2 goals for Cooke, 1 for Neal, Malkin scored the shoot out goal and fleury was in net

So, how did Adams do? Which of everyone's favorite young defenseman was watching from the press box in that game? That was the game HCDB failed to adjust. He also put together some wacky line combinations of crap forwards Shero gives him to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad