Pre-Game Talk: Pens Start A West Coast Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDuper68

Dec 19, 2013
Thought about staying there.. we're at Ramada on Pender about 6 blocks away.. some cool bars around here. Heard Yale Town BrewCo. is a big pre-game bar so thinking about heading there before the game. 100% sure I'll be the only person in a Bennett jersey at the game so say cheers if you catch me haha

My Maata jersey didn't show so I'll be wearing a Crosby jersey. I'm sure I won't be the only one. lol. We are planning on getting to the arena about 415 to hang by gate 9 when the boys show up. Hopefully be able to grab a few autographs.

Fire Shero*

Burgundy those are just cruel

robin-llorando.gif

See ya later Orpik's trade value.

I think that value is long gone

Fire Shero*

So much hate for disco, but no hate for Shero the enabler.

Disco is an addict, he is addicted to terrible hockey players. Shero provides him with way too many horrible players.

Penguinzilla*

Serious question because I honestly don't know, but do other teams constantly switch dmen in and out like Byslma does? It seems logical that you'd just go with your 6/7 best dmen and stick with them.

Fire Shero*

Seriously, waive Adams, Glass and Kobasew today. Flush the contraband down the toilet. Shero will have withdrawals for a couple of days, but it's the only way to treat his addiction. Shero has to stop enabling him. Picking up Pyatt was like giving disco a crack rock. Quit enabling the poor guy, some think addiction is a disease. We help bylsma and the team will be better.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Serious question because I honestly don't know, but do other teams constantly switch dmen in and out like Byslma does? It seems logical that you'd just go with your 6/7 best dmen and stick with them.

We probably see more juggling than most, but then again we also have more NHL-calibre dmen than any other NHL team. My beef with DB's roster juggling isn't the juggling per se, it's the actual personnel decisions that are made.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Last time Pens played Canucks in Vancouver i believe it was the game where we had our PTO goalie play in the 3rd? i was at that game way up in the box seats.

Is this true? The Alexander Pechurskiy game? Geez it's been a while. I heard yesterday that Crosby hasn't played at Rogers Arena since the Golden Goal, so maybe it's true.

Wasn't our last game in Vancouver the game where Malkin gave Willie Mitchell a concussion? Didn't Letang win it with a shootout winner on Luongo? Or maybe I'm getting two games mixed up here?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Seriously, waive Adams, Glass and Kobasew today. Flush the contraband down the toilet. Shero will have withdrawals for a couple of days, but it's the only way to treat his addiction. Shero has to stop enabling him. Picking up Pyatt was like giving disco a crack rock. Quit enabling the poor guy, some think addiction is a disease. We help bylsma and the team will be better.

OK... so that's actually pretty funny.

And sadly accurate.

God... Pyatt is horrible. Why? You just know how it's going to end up.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
From the Shelly Anderson chat:

He made business decisions to let go of players such as Jordan Staal, Max Talbot, Matt Cooke, Mike Rupp and others who were team and/or fan favorites. Shero does have a deserved reputation for treating his players extremely well, but I don’t think he lets that interfere with making sound hockey decisions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which of those aforementioned players would you not take over Glass-Adams right now

Fire Shero*

I think the last game in Vancouver was on October 6, 2011.

Pens won 4-3 in a shoot out

2 goals for Cooke, 1 for Neal, Malkin scored the shoot out goal and fleury was in net

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
From the Shelly Anderson chat:

He made business decisions to let go of players such as Jordan Staal, Max Talbot, Matt Cooke, Mike Rupp and others who were team and/or fan favorites. Shero does have a deserved reputation for treating his players extremely well, but I don’t think he lets that interfere with making sound hockey decisions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which of those aforementioned players would you not take over Glass-Adams right now

He had no chance with Staal... so there was no tough decision there, really. Talbot got an offer he couldn't refuse from Philly. Again... not exactly a tough choice. Cooke was actually, IMO, a dumb non-sign. And Rupp... really?

Not exactly a stellar defense, Shelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad