Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars: The stars came to play! As in the Sid/Geno, not Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd simply take ZAR out and insert Sprong. Let Sid, Jake, Pearson pick up the PK slack and Brass gets:

Simon-Brass-Rust
or
Rust-Brass-Simon/Sprong
or
Simon-Brass-Sprong(although i prefer Rust on one wing)

Best they can do with no callups butttt they'll go back to ZAR cuz...reasons.

Pearson-Geno-Phil/TRADE
Rust/Simon-Brass-TRADE/Phil
Simon/Rust-Blueger-(obviously won't be Sprong)

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Going to repeat something that I think most people know.

Beating this crap Dallas team means nothing. That's a team with 1 stud line and as much crap as our bottom six on their other 3 lines. They were missing their Letang and their Dumo. If anything, the Pens should've dominated more.

Boston is on Friday. They usually torture us, but no Bergeron or Chara. No excuse not to beat that team.

Then comes Columbus at home and at Winnipeg and Colorado back to back.

Those two, I fear, end one of two ways:

1. The mess JR made gets exposed.

2. The stars make miracles happen (good because you root for them, bad because they can't do it all the time and without enough help, as we have learned too many times in the playoffs).
You type fast...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Could you imagine if Sprong got that kind of ice time that ZAR did? That's like 2 games worth of ice time vs what Sprong normally gets.

Ridiculous. ZAR is pure trash on ice.

We would have lost with Sprong in though.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Loved Sully's presser the other day talking about speed......and he throws all these plugs out there in the bottom 6.....and wonders why he has to talk about speed.

Our big guns were great minus Kessel. DeSmith rebounded wonderfully.

We have 3-4 guys in the F group that need to be gone for us to really have a shot. There is no way this team will go the distance with useless bodies like ZAR, Sheahan and Grant slothing around.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You type fast...

giphy.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Who else is Crosby? No one but McDavid. Asinine if you want Brassard to be Crosby....like wtf?

Also, Brassard doesn't get the mins.

When he does, he looks very very good, like on Monday, should've had 3 points that game.

I'm just saying he should be taking other teams 3rd lines to town. He's been very average here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad