Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Murray to 3yr contract extension (3.75mil AAV)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
maxresdefault.jpg

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think Sullivan will make it so Fleury isn't happy with the amount of starts he's getting. Even JR waited to re-sign him in 2014. And JR tends to listen to Sullivan from what I read last season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think Sullivan will make it so Fleury isn't happy with the amount of starts he's getting. Even JR waited to re-sign him in 2014. And JR tends to listen to Sullivan from what I read last season.

Sully is our best hope here (aside from Fleury ******** the bed when it matters, of course).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

here's hoping. Fleury isn't playing well enough to make it a tough call for Sully to give Murray every chance to be the full starter as soon as he's back either.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's funny, because all the things that Murray did in the playoffs, if Fleury had done them, Fleury would be getting praised for them. Such as the 6-0 after a loss. The two pressure packed wins, facing elimination vs. TB. Frustrating the Caps to the point that they specifically mentioned the goalie on "exit" interviews. Winning 15 games.

All those things would be exhibit A on how great Fleury is. But instead, Murray gets marginalized. Terms like, "insulated", "in spite of", "nothing Fleury wouldn't have done".

And of course IF Fleury HAD done all those things, would there even be a question of keeping him? It would be absurd to think of getting rid of him. He would be THE GUY. We would still be hoping to keep Murray, because he's good and he's young, but it would not be AS pressing. Because we wouldn't have seen him in the playoffs yet. So that part would still be a question. Fleury would have proved himself that he could deliver when it mattered most.

But that didn't happen. Murray carried the ball. And YET STILL, Fleury is the darling of the media/local fans.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

People are stupid, man.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
here's hoping. Fleury isn't playing well enough to make it a tough call for Sully to give Murray every chance to be the full starter as soon as he's back either.

If it becomes a tough call for Sully, then we're really in trouble. :cry:

People are stupid, man.

Very stupid. Unfortunately, some of them are in the Pens organization too, and we've all seen their genius in action.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh it worked out as they planned.. Fluery resigning was a stopgap till one of the youngsters broke through... Murray just did way earlier than expected...

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Also i should point out that the fluery defenders are probably just a balance for the fluery haters... The guy did get a **** ton of blame his whole career even when he played well... He isnt a hof player, but he isnt the worse goalie in the league... Or even bottom ten... He is average to above average and niether side of the arguement can accept that so it polarizes things

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
It's funny, because all the things that Murray did in the playoffs, if Fleury had done them, Fleury would be getting praised for them. Such as the 6-0 after a loss. The two pressure packed wins, facing elimination vs. TB. Frustrating the Caps to the point that they specifically mentioned the goalie on "exit" interviews. Winning 15 games.

All those things would be exhibit A on how great Fleury is. But instead, Murray gets marginalized. Terms like, "insulated", "in spite of", "nothing Fleury wouldn't have done".

And of course IF Fleury HAD done all those things, would there even be a question of keeping him? It would be absurd to think of getting rid of him. He would be THE GUY. We would still be hoping to keep Murray, because he's good and he's young, but it would not be AS pressing. Because we wouldn't have seen him in the playoffs yet. So that part would still be a question. Fleury would have proved himself that he could deliver when it mattered most.

But that didn't happen. Murray carried the ball. And YET STILL, Fleury is the darling of the media/local fans.

Ain't that the truth

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Also i should point out that the fluery defenders are probably just a balance for the fluery haters... The guy did get a **** ton of blame his whole career even when he played well... He isnt a hof player, but he isnt the worse goalie in the league... Or even bottom ten... He is average to above average and niether side of the arguement can accept that so it polarizes things

That's true for regular season. The playoffs are what kills fleury for me. I will never trust him ever again in the playoffs.

Even his 'good' years were average and had games that he blew solely on his own.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

Actually his playoff stats beg to differ with you. He's definitely one of the worst playoff goalies for the last decade.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Great post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad