Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Finnish Defenseman Juuso Riikola

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If we trade one of those 3 for a top 6 LW when we have Guentzel, Rust, and Simon under contract, I'm gonna lose my ****.

I'm gonna lose my ****, aren't I?

Guentzel - Crosby - Sprong
X - Malkin - Rust
Simon- Sheahan - Hornqvist

Is the hopeful long game in my opinion. I would say Simon is the one who likely isn’t a guarantee there. They probably have a handful of wingers in WBS they are hoping can move up there.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Guentzel - Crosby - Sprong
X - Malkin - Rust
Simon- Sheahan - Hornqvist

Is the hopeful long game in my opinion. I would say Simon is the one who likely isn’t a guarantee there. They probably have a handful of wingers in WBS they are hoping can move up there.

If we have a hole at 3C at that time, I question that Left Wing would be prioritized over it. It's just easier to find a guy who can backfill Hagelin than it is to find a center who can carry a third line.

Yeah, I'm still not comfortable with Sheahan being our 3rd line center. He might be fine, but it's fair to say he's no Brassard. That's the kind of 3C depth we should be pursuing IMO.

I'm never gonna understand the resistance to giving Rust an extended look on LW. It would solve so many problems, and the early returns with Brass and Kessel were good.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I'm still not comfortable with Sheahan being our 3rd line center. He might be fine, but it's fair to say he's no Brassard. That's the kind of 3C depth we should be pursuing IMO.

I'm never gonna understand the resistance to giving Rust an extended look on LW. It would solve so many problems, and the early returns with Brass and Kessel were good.

The problem with Brassard is keeping a player of that calibre happy. I still kinda wish we'd gone after JGP - a high end traditional 3C who probably wouldn't object to those minutes. And god only knows where we get a second Brassard if we lose the one we've got.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The problem with Brassard is keeping a player of that calibre happy. I still kinda wish we'd gone after JGP - a high end traditional 3C who probably wouldn't object to those minutes. And god only knows where we get a second Brassard if we lose the one we've got.

It won't be easy, for sure.

Then again, getting Brassard in the first place required a lot of patience and a complex trade. If he has as good a season as I think he's capable of here, I'd like to explore re-signing him. I think winning and production would go a long way to make him happy.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Just bring the ol' sod farmer back.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Then again, getting Brassard in the first place required a lot of patience and a complex trade. If he has as good a season as I think he's capable of here, I'd like to explore re-signing him. I think winning and production would go a long way to make him happy.

That would be nice. Really nice. Zero argument from me there.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

I don't think there's any way to fit Brass with the cap next year without dumping someone significant on D, and bringing in a middle 6 LW on the cheap. Not to mention Brass will get 6M or maybe a little less, but with big term. If you did dump a significant contract on D and signed a Grant for L4 and let Sheahan walk, then you can probably just fit it. But you've got Murray and Schultz coming up the following year.

I just don't see JR committing that kind of cash and term to an aging Brass.

Edit, you led me to an OT place WC, now we share blame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warm Cookies

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I hope you're right, but I think it won't play out like that.
Brass wants a big payday, this is probably his last contract so why wouldn't you max out?

Then of course Sheahan probably isn't happy for TOI reasons. Biggest fear is we enter next year like we did last offseason....

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I like where this is going as far as Cough Drops Rising cult status.

Honestly though for how spoiled we have been on forwards. We are due for a nice suprise on defense.

I guess schultz had been a pleasant suprised after he morphed form a dumpster fire in Edm to what he is now. But that's more because Edm cant develope young guns unless they are of McDavid cant miss caliber, more than anything else.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad