Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Finnish Defenseman Juuso Riikola

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
For a lot of the garbage Guerin gets heaped upon him, looks like he was a big influence to getting him here

Juuso Riikola’s long and winding path to the NHL

I wonder how much people are gonna hate Billy G around here if/when he finally takes over as GM. I figure by that time Crosby/Malkin will be old enough that we'll no longer be elite contenders, so I anticipate the Billy G hate to be blinding considering people already dislike him for his alleged influence on the Despres trade and probably other things I'm forgetting.

Billy G gonna be a Bylsma-level scapegoat around here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder how much people are gonna hate Billy G around here if/when he finally takes over as GM. I figure by that time Crosby/Malkin will be old enough that we'll no longer be elite contenders, so I anticipate the Billy G hate to be blinding considering people already dislike him for his alleged influence on the Despres trade and probably other things I'm forgetting.

We know as much as we are told, then the rest is speculation and conjecture.

What we know about Bill Guerin is just rumors and random crap we have scraped together. The guy went to Europe, saw Riikola, was sold on wanting him over after talking to Westlund about him. I mean, I am happy our AGM is open to exploring talent from across the pond and give them a whirl. If Billy really is open minded to learning from Rutherford, taking the good from the bad that was Shero...he'll be fine.

The worry is who will be the guy Billy leans on. That's more of what I am concerned with. You want to surround people like him with a solid support system just like you have to with a Head Coach and his Assistants.

Reactions: Pancakes

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

It makes me uncomfortable how much people think they know about Guerin’s GMing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It makes me uncomfortable how much people think they know about Guerin’s GMing.

It's preconceived notions of who he was running with before JR, as him being cut from the same cloth.

Like I said, speculation and conjecture...we know like 5% of what he's done and his behind the scenes work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad