Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Teh offseason! All your defense are belong to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I mean, we'll never forget Kunitz was there.....but as bad as shit like Mears and "the Brockstar" is, yeah, the constant actual mistakes Steigy kept making in the twilight years were just too much.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Samesies. People think their is “competition” going into camp, but IMO Poehling and Ty Smith have the 12th and 6th roles guaranteed.

I don't want to believe this. The issue with his team in the past has been guaranteeing players roles and I hope they have changed with some roster turn over.

But we will see soon enough.

Friedman is #9 on the depth chart at this point and brings a highly redundant skill set outside of his snarl, which you can get elsewhere.

They need to clear roster spots for POJ and eventually Smith. Keeping a pure depth guy who just has one unique trait that you can probably get elsewhere is just something I can't agree with. Maybe you can argue Ruhwedel is more redundant, but Ruhwedel is also comfortably better IMO.

This. I do not expect Friedman to be around much more. The team has always put Ruh over him and I wouldn't argue that too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad