Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I’m sure this won’t go over well here but with Ottawa offering a high pick to get rid of Zaitsev’s contract, I’d move Dumo out for a pick and take on Zaitsev. He sucks, but at least he hits people and can clear the net. Getting a couple extra picks in this draft would go a long way to restocking the cupboard.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m sure this won’t go over well here but with Ottawa offering a high pick to get rid of Zaitsev’s contract, I’d move Dumo out for a pick and take on Zaitsev. He sucks, but at least he hits people and can clear the net. Getting a couple extra picks in this draft would go a long way to restocking the cupboard.

That contract is a franchise killer.

Reactions: Night Shift

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ceci also sucked until we found his perfect role and he's been used that way since. I don't wanna gamble on him though, atleast Dumo is UFA at seasons end, Zai still has another year.

Reactions: Night Shift

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Ceci also sucked until we found his perfect role and he's been used that way since. I don't wanna gamble on him though, atleast Dumo is UFA at seasons end, Zai still has another year.

I didn’t realize he only had one year left. Makes it make some sense, but he’s a RD so makes no sense.

4.5 million for 2 more years? That’s a bad contract but hardly a franchise killer.

Time flies. Thought he still has 3-4 years left.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I didn’t realize he only had one year left. Makes it make some sense, but he’s a RD so makes no sense.

Time flies. Thought he still has 3-4 years left.
Throw him on the left side. Who cares. Like I said, he’d just be here to hit people which is more than Dumo does. If Dumo can get a 3rd back and you get a 1st for taking Zaitsev, that’s a pretty big boon for trading crappy d-men and adding an extra year when we’re already set up to have a good cap situation next year.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Lol Zaitsev sucks ass.

Move Dumo sure whatever; but I like not adding players that suck ass.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why exactly is Meier an upgrade over Guentzel again?
I mean outside of what others have stated…

Timo has put up pretty close career stats to Jake, slightly younger, and without anyone remotely close to a Malkin, Crosby, etc around him to create space and benefit from.

Yeah I love Jake as well, on this team. But it’s just some convo for the sake of convo. I would never expect it. I also don’t really want to see Rust go either.

The biggest move they can make to fix this team would be to fire Sullivan. Not any single trade.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I think an easy move would be to acquire a cheap forward with some size and physicality in exchange for Heinen. Not a Reaves type but someone to fill in such as now with Archibald out. Heinen just doesn't much of anything in the bottom 6. Perhaps Sam Carrick from Anaheim?

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Zucker Malkin Rust
McGinn Blueger Kapanen
Poehling Carter Carrick/Archibald
(Hallander first call up)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
First move should be to remove Dumo's ass out of the organization. Luckily he's on an expiring contract, doesn't make a ton, and GMs are stupid enough to fetishize his ~veteran Cup experience~ enough to look past the fact that he's LARPing as Scuderi nowadays.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Spoiler: He is.

I'm expecting Dumo to stick around as a bottom pairing "calming vet presence" at like $2.5-3 million AAV for another couple years. Can't wait.
I've already predicted this in a previous thread.

If Dumo's willing to take a pay cut from his current cap hit, I 100% can picture this organization re-signing him to a 3 year deal at the price tag you listed.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Once again, I don’t see Dumoulin being resigned. Does not fit at all with what Hextall has done here. There are no comparable spots to Dumo he’s resigned outside of Carter and that’s one of his guys. Dumo ain’t.
He let Marino/Matheson go to upgrade the D, chances are Dumo will also go to keep upgrading the D. Hopefully that upgrade is Chychrun, even though no rumors are linked to him and us but that's how Hextall rolls.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He isn't as eager to trade as JR but he trades players out eventually.

People just want to use Carter and Kapanen as some type of excuses.

Carter continues to produce at a 3 million dollar rate and Kapanen has been our 7th best 5v5 forward as his contract pays him to be.

It’s kinda funny Letang is the worst contract Sullivan signed if we are going by this year and that’s the one everyone said was a steal and needed to be signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad