Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hextall’s first steps for a move this season should not be to add players but to delete.

1. Trade Heinen and Dumoulin, try to waive Ruhwedel if they can’t move him either.
2. You have Friedman with NHL experience so a loss is Ruhwedel is fine.
3. Losing Dumoulin is a net positive to the defense and allowing Smith to iron out his issues is more beneficial in the long run.
4. Heinen f***ing sucks.
5. Heinen f***ing sucks.
6. Oh right, Heinen f***ing sucks and they can dump him and his cheap contract to literally anyone that wants a warm body, like the Avs, do it and take a pick back or even a player under 1m to waive to wbs.
7. Keep Smith up, call up Doc if they want to use him in the top 9 otherwise call up Hallander and roll him with Archibald in a rotation on the 4th line.

Eichel and Karlsson deals which are what Arizona is asking for.
I am obviously more interested in my idea of Meier for Guentzel.

Timo is a more interesting version of what Guentzel is with a little more size and he likes to get in the dirty areas to score and has zero issues with it. Jake is just easy to derail, rock him once and he’s in his own head.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hextall’s first steps for a move this season should not be to add players but to delete.

1. Trade Heinen and Dumoulin, try to waive Ruhwedel if they can’t move him either.
2. You have Friedman with NHL experience so a loss is Ruhwedel is fine.
3. Losing Dumoulin is a net positive to the defense and allowing Smith to iron out his issues is more beneficial in the long run.
4. Heinen f***ing sucks.
5. Heinen f***ing sucks.
6. Oh right, Heinen f***ing sucks and they can dump him and his cheap contract to literally anyone that wants a warm body, like the Avs, do it and take a pick back or even a player under 1m to waive to wbs.
7. Keep Smith up, call up Doc if they want to use him in the top 9 otherwise call up Hallander and roll him with Archibald in a rotation on the 4th line.

I am obviously more interested in my idea of Meier for Guentzel.

Timo is a more interesting version of what Guentzel is with a little more size and he likes to get in the dirty areas to score and has zero issues with it. Jake is just easy to derail, rock him once and he’s in his own head.

Timo for Guentzel makes no sense for San Jose at all.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Bettmans plan for the draft was to give the Penguins Bedard. He did not expect that the Pens management would keep driving until all the threads on the tires came off

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Why don't we just keep our homegrown dude for once who has proven chemistry with Crosby?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why don't we just keep our homegrown dude for once who has proven chemistry with Crosby?
I am not against keeping Jake. It’s that he’s been struggling and the coach hasn’t done a single thing to really spark a better game out of him. So he gets to f*** up all over the ice for all of December, face zero consequences for it because of favouritism. Meanwhile if that was Zucker, Sully would demote him to the third line to get his point across.

I mean f*** mate, Kapanen can put up 2 assists and play well in a game and somehow get demoted anyway.

So why bother making any sense for anything anymore.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If I look at our roster I say if you make a big swing you want a young top six forward who takes Zucker’s spot on L2 or a top pairing LD.

I don’t agree with us trading any of Guentzel, Rakell, or Rust.

If we are going to do a minor trade. 3C / LW type that can balance out the bottom six.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Why exactly is Meier an upgrade over Guentzel again?
Well this season he's certainly better than Jake. 10 5v5 goals to Jake's 4, playing with worse linemates.
He's a much stronger defensive player too.
This isn't new either. In 2021-22 Meier had the 11th most 5v5 points in the league. 1 back of Draisaitl, to put things in perspective.

Jake may snap out of it soon, but we're at 24 games without a 5v5 goal from him now.
It's great that he's been pumping his stats up with empty net points and by getting carried at ES, but we're most likely gonna need more from him if we wanna make the playoffs.

For the record, I think he'll bounce back soon. He's too good not to.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I am not against keeping Jake. It’s that he’s been struggling and the coach hasn’t done a single thing to really spark a better game out of him. So he gets to f*** up all over the ice for all of December, face zero consequences for it because of favouritism. Meanwhile if that was Zucker, Sully would demote him to the third line to get his point across.

I mean f*** mate, Kapanen can put up 2 assists and play well in a game and somehow get demoted anyway.

So why bother making any sense for anything anymore.
I mean yeah he's struggling. Whatever. Everyone is. He's still over a PPG. He'll be fine.

Great contract too, for at least one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad