Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap: Free Agency, everyone panic!!! Geno talk to the Geno thread only please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Off season time. New thread time apparently cause @Ugene Magic doesn’t like high page counts.

So how about them Malkin and Letang UFAs? Maybe we should sign one or both.

Geno thread. Keep Geno talk here:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Magic

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I hope the Pens re-sign Mark Donk and Buzz Flibbet.

herrrr derrrr derr

5r5xd3.jpg

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
In terms of good news, I saw on reddit that Malkin stayed in NA this off-season, which is really good to see. After it came out that Fedotov got poisoned for trying to flee Russia, I never want Geno going back to Russia.
Not to be contrarian or a wet blanket, but he may simply be waiting until his contract is settled with plans to go to Russia once that is over. Presumably, whether he signs with the Penguins or elsewhere, he will need to sign the contract and then do a press conference.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
In terms of good news, I saw on reddit that Malkin stayed in NA this off-season, which is really good to see. After it came out that Fedotov got poisoned for trying to flee Russia, I never want Geno going back to Russia.
Did many Russians go back to Russia?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, which is why if we're drafting any Russians, I want them out of Russia (physically speaking) before we make a pick. :laugh:

Did many Russians go back to Russia?
Only the ones who like hanging out with dictators.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Aren’t his folks there though?? Or are they still in Pittsburgh??

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Pretty sure I read in the Post Gazette that Malkin's parents are back in Russia, some article around the time Russia invaded

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Pretty sure I read in the Post Gazette that Malkin's parents are back in Russia, some article around the time Russia invaded
Well, that settles it since I don't read the PG anymore. :laugh: I hope for their sakes they got out, though. While no one wants to be the first to stop clapping after Stalin's speech, being the last one clapping isn't much better.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Off season time. New thread time apparently cause @Ugene Magic doesn’t like high page counts.

So how about them Malkin and Letang UFAs? Maybe we should sign one or both.

I don't like the 400+ page counts either. So thank you! :)

Why am I fearing we're going to get a big contract signing announcement.....but it's going to be ERod? :cry:

Reactions: Pens x

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
19. Pittsburgh: As with Forsberg in Nashville, teams who that Kris Letang see a path to a Penguin extension. One exec refused to tell me specifically what he heard, but said Pittsburgh’s willing to go into “what it considers uncomfortable territory” for Letang. For me, uncomfortable territory right now is Pearson Airport, but I can’t tell you what that means for the Penguins. Word is they’ve been extremely careful about term. Evgeni Malkin? Honestly, I don’t know. I keep hearing not close, but, again, I wonder if things change once we get closer to July 13. Does a deadline nudge both sides closer? No idea. I’ve wondered about the possibility of Fleury teaming up with Tristan Jarry for some time, but, as mentioned earlier, I don’t believe he’s made a decision.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My bet for what Friedman meant with "uncomfortable territory" with Letang there is they're willing to go with 4 or 5 years of term despite Hextall not really wanting to give out that much term to 35 year old players.

Reactions: orby and Sideline

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

That is good news because, even in uncomfortable territory Letang is a fitness freak and I think he could play way into his 40's.

Now Geno being 6'3" is the guy you don't expect to age well. I get it. He hasn't aged well since his 4th/5th year even at a PPG. Just the past 3 seasons he's missed a lot of games. Dually not of his own accord, but still, you can set your watch to it.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
My bet for what Friedman meant with "uncomfortable territory" with Letang there is they're willing to go with 4 or 5 years of term despite Hextall not really wanting to give out that much term to 35 year old players.

I don't know why he should care. I'd be really surprised if Hextall is still the GM in 4-5 years.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think Letang can take a nice deal say 8 million for 3 or 7.5 for 4 years. But no question they know he is hard to replace as a top RD in todays NHL. Malkin is another matter and I suspect a short term deal 3 years or less can be done if Hextall will move a LD like Dumo. I prefer Petts or both but having 28 million and using 16 million leaves 12 for Rakell and even at 5 million Pens are pretty much in good shape. I still like Kap to the jets and the pick for Dumo hopefully a number 2 for Dillon and Appleton. The Jets want to move a couple high priced center/wingers so Kap may be of interest to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese