Salary Cap: Pens Salary and Signing thread: Dr StrangeDubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Karlsson Watch

Do you want EK here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Unicorn+Realistic+On+Canvas+by+Madkruben+Photograph.jpg
If you send someone pure of heart, and of body, into the depths of the SAP center, it's rumored that Erik Karlsson may appear.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Anyway back to the Karlsson talk, I don’t necessarily 100% believe Rossi but it’s also worth considering:

1. Rossi has generally been spot on with this Karlsson reporting
2. There have been other reports that suggest the Canes aren’t all that interested in Karlsson unless it’s a discount

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was just Pittsburgh in on Karlsson and Karlsson did just want to go to Pittsburgh.
Would explain the complete lack of movement, too. It's a staredown. The Pens are not compelled to modify their deal because there is no competition, so San Jose has to either wait for a new team to get involved, compromise with Pittsburgh to get a deal done, or decide not to do a trade at all.

I do still think Dubas has an internal clock where if he can't get Karlsson by a certain date, he moves on to make a move or two elsewhere. He is not done, regardless. I am certain of that.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Lol at caring what any Pittsburgh writers, let alone Robert Rossi, say about a potential trade. How has he been right about his Karlsson reporting? Because nothing has happened? Does that mean he was right on his Yandle reporting since nothing happened there either?

He knows the same amount as any of us: jack **** until a real news breaker reports something.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That’s why you are 200+, Peat. Don’t follow your wife’s way.

I'm 200+ because I spent most of my adult life playing rugby and being deliberately heavy :laugh: I think if I got much skinnier than 200 at this point I'd feel pretty weird. Just want to shred some fat and gain some muscle at this point.

Anyway back to the Karlsson talk, I don’t necessarily 100% believe Rossi but it’s also worth considering:

1. Rossi has generally been spot on with this Karlsson reporting
2. There have been other reports that suggest the Canes aren’t all that interested in Karlsson unless it’s a discount

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was just Pittsburgh in on Karlsson and Karlsson did just want to go to Pittsburgh.

It's the "ew, not Carolina" bit I don't buy most I think.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I have no doubt EK will waive for here. And we are a better fit than Carolina demand want him more. It's the trading a HOF player for a poo poo platter + retaining $3+ million on his salary that will make Sharks ownership/management/fans barf to the point where they convince themselves to not take the harsh medicine. That is where we are at.

Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also regarding the Sparks contract, the Penguins are going to have to move DeSmith to become cap compliant so I think he’s another guy on the depth chart. I imagine their goalie depth next year is going to be:

Pittsburgh: Jarry and Nedjelkovic
WBS: Hellberg, Gauthier and Blomqvist
Wheeling: Sparks and Nappier

Dubas has made an emphasis on having extra goalie depth and having a tandem of Sparks and Nappier as your ECHL goalies is exactly that. You might see one of Blomqvist or Gauthier shuffle between WBS and Wheeling to get more games as needed (with Sparks coming up when one of them goes down), but I think this is going to be the general layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino