Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Rangers 4/6/21

3 Stars

• Total voters

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Come on man, great pick and amazing steal but you can't compare Buchnevich to Kucherov. The only player on our team close to Kucherov is Panarin. At least only forward.
I get it, but if you adjust for where they were picked, it’s almost as good imo. To me, Kucherov is a no doubt elite offensive player and a superstar. But I don’t know how he compares to Buchnevich defensively, and Buchnevich is a high-end first line winger imo. Also, he was picked 1 round after Kucherov, so that’s why I think it’s kind of close.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get it, but if you adjust for where they were picked, it’s almost as good imo. To me, Kucherov is a no doubt elite offensive player and a superstar. But I don’t know how he compares to Buchnevich defensively, and Buchnevich is a high-end first line winger imo. Also, he was picked 1 round after Kucherov, so that’s why I think it’s kind of close.

I think there's more of a gap between Kucherov and Buchnevich than there is between their picks.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Adam Fox has 20 points on the PP this season, tying him for the defenseman lead with Hedman. The rest of the defensemen have combined for 3 points on the PP. 1 assist each for Trouba, Bitetto, and ADA.

Last edited:

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
This team has been very unlucky all season. Nobody wants to hear that hockey is very much a game of luck, but it’s true. The coaching hasn’t been perfect, but its been fine. It’d be interesting to see everyone’s opinion on Quinn if some more bounces had gone our way. Or if our goal scoring had been more evenly spread out over the games we’ve played.

It’s just hard to see so much negativity here and on Twitter day in and day out when, imo, this team has definitely taken a big step forward this season.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
They are both 6'3, play hockey and are lefties.
That's not much to go on. Thy may have the same height, but heir skill sets are very different. Kreider's game is about straight line speed, grinding on the boards, and net presence. His hands are average at best.

Kravtsov is much more fluid in his skating, has better hands, and much better vision.

I just don't see it being a good comparison, that's all.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This team has been very unlucky all season. Nobody wants to hear that hockey is very much a game of luck, but it’s true. The coaching hasn’t been perfect, but its been fine. It’d be interesting to see everyone’s opinion on Quinn if some more bounces had gone our way. Or if our goal scoring had been more evenly spread out over the games we’ve played.

It’s just hard to see so much negativity here and on Twitter day in and day out when, imo, this team has definitely taken a big step forward this season.
I mostly agree with you, except for that Twitter is 100x worse than hf. Also I don’t know if the coaching would look better, but our goaltending was (is?) a major issue, so that may have played a big part, not just bad luck.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
is 8 the max ?
8 years if the player was originally on your team, 7 if on another team previously.

I think the max salary+bonuses also cannot exceed 20% of the cap upper limit (based on year that the SPC was signed), though I will have to see if the MOU changed that.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
That's not much to go on. Thy may have the same height, but heir skill sets are very different. Kreider's game is about straight line speed, grinding on the boards, and net presence. His hands are average at best.

Kravtsov is much more fluid in his skating, has better hands, and much better vision.

Agreed, but I do think he was joking.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I mostly agree with you, except for that Twitter is 100x worse than hf. Also I don’t know if the coaching would look better, but our goaltending was (is?) a major issue, so that may have played a big part, not just bad luck.

I think Shesty has been excellent, but the games with Geo and KK in net certainly didn’t help things. Hopefully Geo can be a more competent backup going forward.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009

I was agreeing with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad