GDT: Pens @ Rangers|11/11/2014|7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrozJawz*

Why is that we are going to probably lose again on saturday. If the Penguins actually show up next time they can beat this team.

Well, how can YOU say that the Pens can and will beat the Rangers???

If the Rangers play the same exact game that they did tonight, just like the Flyers always do and the Jets just did, NY wins again, plain and simple. Pens have no answers for teams that play like that.

Those teams punch the Pens in the mouth from the drop of the puck, camp out in Sid and Geno's face and then proceed to keep punching them in the face over and over and over again. Pens get driven back on their heels from the first minute and have no idea on how to flip the script. Then we see Sid and Geno get frustrated, start making bad passes, trying to skate through the entire team, etc, etc, etc.

If the Rangers play the exact same game, they win.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
Why is that we are going to probably lose again on saturday. If the Penguins actually show up next time they can beat this team.

Ah, because momentum and confidence count for so much in hockey. Rangers are going to come in with confidence and a determination to underline their earlier victory more or less. This is a terrible way to kick of a season series.

I will of course be absolutely thrilled if the Pens come out with a statement game on Sat, and will credit the coaching and team leadership if they do ...

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014

If the Rangers play the same exact game that they did tonight, just like the Flyers always do and the Jets just did, NY wins again, plain and simple. Pens have no answers for teams that play like that.

Those teams punch the Pens in the mouth from the drop of the puck, camp out in Sid and Geno's face and then proceed to keep punching them in the face over and over and over again. Pens get driven back on their heels from the first minute and have no idea on how to flip the script. Then we see Sid and Geno get frustrated, start making bad passes, trying to skate through the entire team, etc, etc, etc.

Not that it matters with you, but I have not seen single Ranger being overly physical or agitating today.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Our team won a cup in the past ten years and just came off a seven game winning streak. **** happens.

Yeah, but that Cup doesn't really count. It makes it seem like this franchise has ever accomplished anything good. As far as I'm concerned it's still 1975 and the team is probably deliberately throwing a playoff series in which they lead 3-0 because they're scared of the Flyers.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Sometimes you need these games. Broke the PK streak, now its time to start a new one. Got outworked so everyone remembers to work harder, and a D pairing got exposed which keeps things competitive in the D. Forget about the result, focus on those things and come out flying next game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

So, Sid and Malkin's bad play is indicative of our entire team? Hopefully Johnston lights a fire under our two stars who just play complacent in these types of games, or try to fight dumbasses like Glass. That is the real issue, our third and fourth lines looked pretty solid tonight. Crosby Kunitz Horny all -2.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

The Penguins problem tonight wasn't that the Rangers took it to them. The problem was that the Penguins were lazy and disinterested for 60 minutes. If you honestly watched the game tonight and thought the Penguins were going hard but being beat by a style that exploits their weaknesses I wholly disagree. They got beat so bad because they played a lousy, lazy game.

Zags91

Apr 19, 2007
Not that it matters with you, but I have not seen single Ranger being overly physical or agitating today.

I agree it wasn't that physical of a game. A few hits here and there but nothing like Winnipeg. It was just a bad night all around. If the Pens are on their game I don't see the Rangers beating them.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Sometimes you need these games. Broke the PK streak, now its time to start a new one. Got outworked so everyone remembers to work harder, and a D pairing got exposed which keeps things competitive in the D. Forget about the result, focus on those things and come out flying next game.

The last respone after a loss was pretty good. And the last solutions to clear problems (PK, mainly) have been satisfying, too.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Ah, because momentum and confidence count for so much in hockey. Rangers are going to come in with confidence and a determination to underline their earlier victory more or less. This is a terrible way to kick of a season series.

I will of course be absolutely thrilled if the Pens come out with a statement game on Sat, and will credit the coaching and team leadership if they do ...

Momentum and confidence end when the game ends. If what you are saying is true then the Rangers could have never came back from down 3-1 against us last year.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I agree it wasn't that physical of a game. A few hits here and there but nothing like Winnipeg. It was just a bad night all around. If the Pens are on their game I don't see the Rangers beating them.

Yeah I also thought that kind of "analysis" was more fitting for the game against the Jets than this one.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

Pretty much.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yeah, but that Cup doesn't really count. It makes it seem like this franchise has ever accomplished anything good. As far as I'm concerned it's still 1975 and the team is probably deliberately throwing a playoff series in which they lead 3-0 because they're scared of the Flyers.

oh it counts, it counts big time, Pens overachieved anyways all these years, never missed play offs, almost always on the top of the regular season, what one can ask for more, (nevermind having two best players in the world all these years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad