Not open for further replies.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
4c760e17d8db8461f337d1e95456a449.png

:pens @ :rangers

Game date: November 11, 2014
Game time: 7 PM ET
TV: Sportsnet One (Canada), Root (Pittsburgh), MSG (NYR)

Lineups:

PENGUINS:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Malkin-Comeau
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Sill-Goc-Adams

Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Despres

Goaltender unconfirmed

Rangers:

Nash-Brassard-St. Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-Moore-Fast

Lundqvist

Stats:

3d890994c3889f0f3cc2dea490fce905.png

7095612086135a8360087043c468ecd6.png

9638f78e201c71a9fde4f5c841040cd2.png

Preview:

Season series: This is the first game between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins since the Eastern Conference Second Round last season, when the Rangers rallied from a 3-1 series deficit to win in seven games. It's the first of two games this week between the Rangers and Penguins. They play Saturday at Consol Energy Center. Pittsburgh and New York will play four times this season. The Rangers and Penguins each gained five of a possible eight points in the season series last season.

Penguins team scope: Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist called the Penguins the best team in the NHL in his comments following New York's 3-1 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. Lundqvist isn't far off. The Penguins have won seven consecutive games and have 21 points in 13 games. They have the best point-per-game average in the League (1.615). Sidney Crosby leads the NHL with 17 assists and 24 points. He had five assists in a 6-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, and has 15 points on three goals and 12 assists during the seven-game winning streak. His linemate, Patric Hornqvist, has nine goals and nine assists for 18 points in 13 games, putting him on pace for 56 goals, 56 assists and 112 points this season. His career-highs to date are 30 goals, 27 assists and 53 points.

Rangers team scope: The Rangers are coming off arguably their worst performance of the season on Sunday, when they were outshot 33-21 by the Oilers. Leading 2-1 entering the third period, Edmonton held the Rangers without a shot on goal until 10:55 had expired. The Rangers were playing less than 24 hours they lost 5-4 to the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. Coach Alain Vigneault was disappointed in the defensive effort against Toronto and said he expected a better bounce-back performance against Edmonton, but instead the Rangers were slow and out of sync. The good news for New York is it gets John Moore back in the lineup Tuesday. Moore is finished serving his five-game suspension for his illegal check to the head of Minnesota Wild center Erik Haula on Oct. 27. Ryan McDonagh (shoulder separation) and Dan Boyle (broken hand) remain out of the lineup.

[NHL]668285[/NHL]

Previous game highlights:

[NHL]2014020203-X-h[/NHL]

Let's Go Pens!!!​

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
The best part about not seeing Glass on the Penguins' roster is seeing him on another team's roster.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd like to see the pens target Staal tonight, even if it costs the pens 2 points tonight let the NYR know they can't take runs at the pens stars anymore.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'd like to see the pens target Staal tonight, even if it costs the pens 2 points tonight let the NYR know they can't take runs at the pens stars anymore.

That video of Dubinsky being nervous about Downie during the preseason was fun, so why not.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Me too. I'd like to see Comeau light him up with a monster hit behind the net. Get Downie and Sill in his face too.

penguins2946*

Jonathan Bombulie @CVBombulie · 4m 4 minutes ago
Official word is that Bennett left practice early as a precaution in case he is needed at MSG tonight.

Not what I wanted to hear, I wanted to hear that he left the ice because he is getting called up, not because he may be called up.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Jonathan Bombulie @CVBombulie · 4m 4 minutes ago
Official word is that Bennett left practice early as a precaution in case he is needed at MSG tonight.

Not what I wanted to hear, I wanted to hear that he left the ice because he is getting called up, not because he may be called up.

Wouldn't calling him up tonight put them over the cap?

Edit: or maybe not, since they reassigned Harrington.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Looks like Tanner Glass is playing pretty consistent hockey for the Rangers, so far. Exactly as advertised. 14 games, 0 goals, 0 assists and teams worse minus-7. He´s signed for 3 years, lots of consistent hockey left in him, I guess :laugh:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Looks like Tanner Glass is playing pretty consistent hockey for the Rangers, so far. Exactly as advertised. 14 games, 0 goals, 0 assists and teams worse minus-7. He´s signed for 3 years, lots of consistent hockey left in him, I guess :laugh:

Plus he is getting the 3rd most minutes among forwards on a PK that is 17th in the league. That is worth every penny.

Ok, enough gloating about Glass from me. Looking forward to the game.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's so satisfying to see Glass on another team's roster. I actually feel sorry for Rangers fans though, 3 years of that. We only had 2 and one was a shortened season.

They can do whatever they want to Staal, get creative. He earned it. I actually wonder if someone who was kept on a leash, Bortuzzo, or who wants to make a point, Despres, Downie or Comeau, will just annihilate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad