Post-Game Talk: Pens put out the flame with a beat down

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The thing i wouldn't do is put Rust back up with 87.
Sid gets Sprong or Simon.

Jake-Sid-Simon
Hags-G-Phil
Rust-Grant-Sprong
Cullen-Sheahan-Horny

or Sprong with Sid and the same Lines2-4.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The thing i wouldn't do is put Rust back up with 87.
Sid gets Sprong or Simon.

Jake-Sid-Simon
Hags-G-Phil
Rust-Grant-Sprong
Cullen-Sheahan-Horny

or Sprong with Sid and the same Lines2-4.
That puts Simon out of position, and it puts Rust out of position.

edit: I'd just do the obvious and put Sprong with Sid if Brass is actually hurt.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
75PnOYz.gif

Remember when everyone wanted to trade him?

Nope totally forgot that....

Also we do realize him playing at this level is goint to attract the injury gnome that lives in their locker room soon...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Normally when we have a high scoring game (6-5 vs Oilers) we suck offensivly the next game, but we scored 9 vs Flames. So 15 goals in 2 games, we will definatly get shutout Sat vs Nucks, right?

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Weird game. Meaningless score, also looking at the chances for and against, but obviously we were full value for the win.
But I do like that we are back to being opportunistic when we are getting our looks :D .

Letang is playing at perhaps the highest level he ever has. I've always kinda knocked any Norris mentions about him, but this season so far, he certainly merits mention if he stays at this. That is... an astoundingly good thing. Long may it last, knock on wood and everything.
Murray was fantastic also.

Many, many good things, but also lots and lots of bad play in our own zone that I just cannot bring myself to gripe about after a 9-1 away win. As long as Sully lets them know and see what it is that won't do in a real hockey game.

Flames.... well, we had a 10-1 loss against Chicago last year where we reached the same degree if awfulness defensively. So it happens. But this is really a team that is supposed to play good, tough defense with the D-group they have. A torturous bag skate session immediately following the game would be very much merited. Perhaps let their fans watch.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pretty sure Sprong will be back because I would imagine Brass is hurt.

Well he had a maintenance day yesterday so something was bothering him...he might have just been held out as a precaution....
Fingers crossed

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Weird game. Meaningless score, also looking at the chances for and against, but obviously we were full value for the win.
But I do like that we are back to being opportunistic when we are getting our looks :D .

Letang is playing at perhaps the highest level he ever has. I've always kinda knocked any Norris mentions about him, but this season so far, he certainly merits mention if he stays at this. That is... an astoundingly good thing. Long may it last, knock on wood and everything.
Murray was fantastic also.

Many, many good things, but also lots and lots of bad play in our own zone that I just cannot bring myself to gripe about after a 9-1 away win. As long as Sully lets them know and see what it is that won't do in a real hockey game.

Flames.... well, we had a 10-1 loss against Chicago last year where we reached the same degree if awfulness defensively. So it happens. But this is really a team that is supposed to play good, tough defense with the D-group they have. A torturous bag skate session immediately following the game would be very much merited. Perhaps let their fans watch.

God damn man, let us enjoy this at least a little bit before you pour sour milk on our cereal, you monster.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That puts Simon out of position, and it puts Rust out of position.

edit: I'd just do the obvious and put Sprong with Sid if Brass is actually hurt.

I hope they just slide Sprong there too but you know how much they love getting Rust up there...

Well he had a maintenance day yesterday so something was bothering him...he might have just been held out as a precaution....
Fingers crossed

Any quotes post game?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Something happened in Canada on October 17th just as the Pens start their cross Canada road trip averaging 6 goals a game. ;)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I want 10! 10-0 vs Canucks, then we have 25 goals in 3 games and 6 against.
I just want to see Muzz shut them out and then in a post game interview, have Boeser say Murray was lucky so we can mock them forever about it.

I hate that team and their idiotic fans.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pretty sure Sprong will be back because I would imagine Brass is hurt.

Until I see a good reason to believe otherwise, I'm just gonna assume he'll either be scratched or get garbage time until he's squeezed off the team for good, probably at the deadline. I don't Sully's ever gonna have the time of day for the kid.

Easier to come to terms with if you look at him like a dead man walking.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
@Zirakzigil

Hope the date went well and you can have whoever you took go to every Pens game the rest of the year.

Lots of players I was getting annoyed with came through with points/goals tonight. Legit.

Sucks for Murray. f***ing HAD to be Neal, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad