Post-Game Talk: Pens put out the flame with a beat down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ I think everyone deserves a plus tonight. They dominated the entire game. I'm going to go a different route and highlight some talking points that weren't really discussed in the GDT.

+ Leadership: Sid/Geno hustling their asses off even when the game was 6-0. Kessel was backchecking at 5-0. That is the type of leadership that really does send a message to the team. People will say "But save energy!" No.. save energy at practice and/or rest days/off days. That type of leadership will create good habits and create a mentality/culture the youngsters need to step up to.

And from a d-side of things, Letang is really stepping up his leadership. He's playing terrific hockey. Norris-like hockey. Please just stay healthy and stay at this level. Please.

+ Murray: Ah f*** it.. he deserves special honors tonight. I thought Mur was suffocating the puck like he used to and was playing chess while Calgary was playing checkers. He was ahead of everything Calgary did.

+ Players who needed some points: Rust, JJ, Brassard can really benefit from some points. Maybe a little confidence. Maybe some energy. It's really good to see those guys get some points and I hope it leads to much better consistency from each of them.

- Possible Brass injury? Missed his last couple shifts. :(

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I went to watch a hockey game and a football score broke out..

IvIGIHC.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not much to complain about, but I have to say, that last goal looked PATHETIC on the replay. Neither Simon or the Flames defensemen were at all skating towards the puck, Simon easily muscled the Flames defensemen off the puck and then he feeds Cullen for a 1-timer. Like that was pathetic to watch from the Flames D, who was that?

So much for this D group being able to shut down McDavid :laugh:

Reactions: canadianguy77

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
didn't Brassard play like 300 games without injury until he came to Pittsburgh...man hope its not anything awful

Konstantin Koltsov

May 18, 2010
PA
Not much to complain about, but I have to say, that last goal looked PATHETIC on the replay. Neither Simon or the Flames defensemen were at all skating towards the puck, Simon easily muscled the Flames defensemen off the puck and then he feeds Cullen for a 1-timer. Like that was pathetic to watch from the Flames D, who was that?

So much for this D group being able to shut down McDavid :laugh:
Giordano. Great effort from the captain.

Reactions: BillPrep

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ya neal threw a 12-6 curve ball at Murray. I dont blame him for missing that.

The arc on that was unusual.

The whole team gets +'s.

I dont got anything negative to say.

Lets hope they didnt blow their goal scoring wad tonight and have some in the tank for a much better Vancouver squad Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad