Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Panthers: Mike Matheson returns and hockey's back! October 14 at 7PM

Thursday's game result will be a

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsAreBuzzin

Oct 8, 2019
New Jersey
Does anyone know if you will be able to choose the broadcast Home/Away on ESPN+ This season? Hope to have Goldy every game but not sure with the switch to ESPN now instead of NHL.TV

Reactions: violaswallet

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
View attachment 470099

How we all feel when non FLA fans talk good about us.
We want to accept it for face value but still unsure if there's sarcastic undertones there

The Panthers are a fun bet but in reality this Cup talk is pretty nuts when we haven't even won a round for ages. Yeah sure everything is possible but still I'd say goaltending is still a massive questionmark and can totally sink the ship in the playoffs.

Just give me a win in round 1 this year and I'm cool.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
What’s the point in carrying him as the 7th defenseman?

I have not heard that h has even reported yet. But Juolevi would have to clear waivers, to be assigned to the AHL. Same with Connauton, but if he is ready, he could be activated from I/R without a move.

Also, what is the deal with Mamin? Cap Friendly shows him listed as "Non-Roster" but his Salary seems to be included in the team totals...not sure what that is; or if another move (maybe to I/R) with him before game time is needed?

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Panthers are a fun bet but in reality this Cup talk is pretty nuts when we haven't even won a round for ages. Yeah sure everything is possible but still I'd say goaltending is still a massive questionmark and can totally sink the ship in the playoffs.

I can agree with not getting sucked into the Cup hype for this year but we should be as excited as possible and with higher expectations (which should be 2nd or 3rd round) of recent and further past.

We should be happy we finally have a team, mostly all of them in their prime for next 3-4yrs who seem to have bought into the systems provided by one of the best coaches to ever do it.

The adaptability and blend of this team's skill and grit/balls/heart gives the chance to match up with any opponent.
The finishing touches brought in by Zito were a perfect complement to what we already had.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Loser talk

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I can agree with not getting sucked into the Cup hype for this year but we should be as excited as possible and with higher expectations (which should be 2nd or 3rd round) of recent and further past.

We should be happy we finally have a team, mostly all of them in their prime for next 3-4yrs who seem to have bought into the systems provided by one of the best coaches to ever do it.

The adaptability and blend of this team's skill and grit/balls/heart gives the chance to match up with any opponent.
The finishing touches brought in by Zito were a perfect complement to what we already had.

Yeah I agree with having higher expectations. But all it takes again is to see Tampa in round 1 and things can go sideways quick. I do like the mix right now though, they won't get pushed around.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
At this point I am completely unsure how our bottom-6 and bottom pair will look tonight.

And I suspect that goes the same for the players too...which is good. About time the players can't just comfortably coast, if they don't perform, they'll take a pit stop on the bench. Obviously as we get closer to game 82 we want some more consistency in the lines, but this is what we want for game 1

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I kinda like that 4th line.

Thornton is definitely slow. But Lomberg and Duclair bring tons of speed.

Duke needs to show out against weaker match-ups and proves he belongs in the top 9.

Yes, top 9...I said it

Meowkov

Feb 25, 2009
Does anyone know if you will be able to choose the broadcast Home/Away on ESPN+ This season? Hope to have Goldy every game but not sure with the switch to ESPN now instead of NHL.TV

From what I read it will work similarly to NHL TV and you will be able to select from home and away feeds.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
My prediction is we make the playoffs and face the Leafs in the first round. Unfortunately we lose to the Leafs in 7 games, and this board will be full of conspiracy theories that the NHL want the Leafs to go far. The media will be full of stories of the Leafs finally getting past the 1st round.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
My prediction is we make the playoffs and face the Leafs in the first round. Unfortunately we lose to the Leafs in 7 games, and this board will be full of conspiracy theories that the NHL want the Leafs to go far. The media will be full of stories of the Leafs finally getting past the 1st round.
LOL. While that could happen I think we would maul the soft ass leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad