Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Panthers: Mike Matheson returns and hockey's back! October 14 at 7PM

Thursday's game result will be a

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Goaltending is a non-issue for me. Don't get me wrong, if Bobrovsky plays like he has the past 2 years and Knight struggles, Florida is screwed in the playoffs, but analytically Bob was like the 3rd worst goalie in the league last year (I don't really agree but he was pretty mediocre) and he still ended up with the 4th or 5th highest win % in the league. It's safe to assume he'll have his usual game, 27 saves on 30 shots, 1 terrible rebound goal or goal off an awful angle, and a couple grade A saves. Panthers win 5-3.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Puhlease. You would have haunt Bob with curses if he allowed any of those 3 goals Vasy let in last night.
Well yes because Bob does allow those goals every game. Vasy on the other hand had a semi off game from being an otherworldly freak.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Bob plays like Vasy we’ll be fine. If he plays like that empty net we’re in trouble.
Vasy had a bad game yesterday. (Of course, if Bob plays like Vasy usually does, he’s worth even his whole contract, but that’s not what I meant.)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I know Im a homer. Have been one since 93. And I always had hope going into seasons, that felt relatively realistic. When we were bad, I wasnt expected much. But with this team, Im expecting it ALL! Im expecting us to get out of the first round, and make a run for the Cup.

Without a doubt, this is the deepest, most talented team we have ever iced. Its never been a better time to be a fan of this team. From ownership, to management, to the players on the ice...they all want the same thing, and that is to win. It takes all three pieces working together to build a successful team, and after 28 years, its finally happening, the planets are finally aligning. We are a top five team in the league. We have the star power. We have the depth. The coaching. The right management to make the moves necessary to win. No team is head and shoulders better than the rest, even the Lightning. Im expecting we fight for the division crown, and for the Presidents trophy. Do we have questions in goal? Of course. But Id rather take my chances with Bob and Knight, over anyone else in the division, other than Vasi. We are more experienced than last year, we have been tweaked and improved upon, and Im expecting this teams conditioning and abilities to take over late stages in games, as we saw so often last season. Im done ranting, the rest of the league will know soon enough.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I know Im a homer. Have been one since 93. And I always had hope going into seasons, that felt relatively realistic. When we were bad, I wasnt expected much. But with this team, Im expecting it ALL! Im expecting us to get out of the first round, and make a run for the Cup.

Without a doubt, this is the deepest, most talented team we have ever iced. Its never been a better time to be a fan of this team. From ownership, to management, to the players on the ice...they all want the same thing, and that is to win. It takes all three pieces working together to build a successful team, and after 28 years, its finally happening, the planets are finally aligning. We are a top five team in the league. We have the star power. We have the depth. The coaching. The right management to make the moves necessary to win. No team is head and shoulders better than the rest, even the Lightning. Im expecting we fight for the division crown, and for the Presidents trophy. Do we have questions in goal? Of course. But Id rather take my chances with Bob and Knight, over anyone else in the division, other than Vasi. We are more experienced than last year, we have been tweaked and improved upon, and Im expecting this teams conditioning and abilities to take over late stages in games, as we saw so often last season. Im done ranting, the rest of the league will know soon enough.

I've heard multiple season previews where the person's Dark Horse pick to win the cup; the Florida Panthers. I don't think I've ever heard that before in 28 years!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I've seen some that are not even dark horse picks, just regular predictions to win the Cup.

It's making me very uncomfortable lol

_77Bir.gif

How we all feel when non FLA fans talk good about us.
We want to accept it for face value but still unsure if there's sarcastic undertones there

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hey guys, best of luck this season!

Just a quick fantasy question, how do you expect your goaltending to go? Is Knight going to take over or is Sergei still the #1?

You have a great team down there, give Tampa a run for it!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Hey guys, best of luck this season!

Just a quick fantasy question, how do you expect your goaltending to go? Is Knight going to take over or is Sergei still the #1?

You have a great team down there, give Tampa a run for it!

Bob still #1 for the time being, but we're expecting a 60-40 split

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Starting bob is a mistake. He is not the future nor is he good.

No. Then we are asking a young goalie to basically do what has never been done before in nhl history. A 20 year old goalie with 6 games if experience who has never played in the ahl to be the starter of a playoff contender. He needs a solid vet to take the pressure off him.

Reactions: teddygmr

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club

there’s lots of positives, basically everything you have mentioned. I too have never been so hyped and enthusiastic about a season than this one. In fact, I’ve never gone into a season thinking we should 100% make the playoffs. With that said, I think we need to put into perspective expectations on reaching the promised land and make peace with perhaps not reaching it this year or even the year after even as a stacked team. Let’s keep in mind the likes of Washington and Tampa tried for years as literal cup favorites until they finally did it. Years of President’s trophy seasons that ended up in nothing but heartbreaks for both those franchises in the postseason. Let’s stay level headed, I just want to finally win a damn series and after that we can make a run a for it as the boys would be hyped. The belief level would be high if we get past the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad