Post-Game Talk: Pens/Panthers...Because we close GDTs before putting up post-games for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Indeed, it might even be said that it was no-one's fault in particular, but if it was the fault of anyone, it was probably the forward who should fall back to cover when Malkin moved up to take the shot that Clemmensen kicked to the wall.

Letang played that one like he should.

Overall the numbers do suggest a major let-up as regards scoring since he came back however (which means more than Malkin's return in so far as the PP was great with Malkin and no Letang earlier in the season) and the shortie against Vancouver was certainly on him.
On his stomach? I swear he has the worst habits of any star in the league. Any other team in the league would have turned him into a solid player but the Pens have this fixation with "creative freedom" to the point that the bad out weighs the good. It really hasn't worked since Kovalev was around.

I don't see Letang cheat and win... ever. So I'm not sure why he needs to push so much. I like Letang but I see him becoming a bad hockey player. Its actually kind of sad to watch.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
The Pens remind me of my high school Physics class. We were all smart enough to learn the material but decided we were too lazy and the teacher was our friend and kindof just gave us good grades for trying while we did ***-all in class and then when the time came to actually take a test without his help we all realized how bad we really were. With all of the ******* mustache boy and friendly-family bullcrap Bylsma is turning the Penguins into a bunch of entitled lazy players. Everybody looked like crap. From Crosby to Pyatt. I turned on a ****** flash stream throughout the game trying to watch on my dying internet and could barely read the numbers on the jerseys. I saw a Penguin make a terrible boneheaded play and then realized it was Crosby. Too often the members of this board bash Dupuis and Glass and Engelland and Adams without realizing the stars are playing like **** also. Geno and Sid actually seem to be emulating the Dupuis chest-snipe and Sid seems to rarely even deke on break aways anymore. The probable good news is that they are playing this awful only because they have such a substantial lead in the standings. However, this immature behavior only continues into the playoffs by giving up. Giving up in sports is for players who are not able to cope with adversity. I finally see what Bylsma is doing now. He is protecting the emotions of all his players by sugarcoating the fact that when they make a mistake that it is all okay and was a fluke. By getting in front of that team and saying "you all ****ing sucked tonight, but that is okay because you are capable of better and everyone of you better be fighting for a job" gets rid of the sugarcoating and allows all of the Penguins to get shaken awake from their denial. I guarantee if you were to poll all of the Penguins as to the reason they didn't get past the Bruins last year, the most popular response would be "it just wasn't meant to be this year."

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I actually thought Orpik had an OK game. I didn't notice him except when he was pinning guys to the boards. Having Martin (or Despres) make all the outlets helps.

Fire Shero*

How much longer will this team continue to play Kobasew, Adams, Glass, Ptyatt, Orpik ect?

Something has to give. Shero is incompetent but I'm beginning to think he's is unintelligent and only here because of his last name.

Another wasted off- season by the pens. Scuds has been a shell of his former self and thankfully Dupuis got hurt so shero gets to use his space and try again.

I know you can't have 12 great forwards. But you can certainly have 12 nhl caliber players.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
SAT JAN 3, 2009 PANTHERS PENGUINS 1:00 PM FINAL FLA (6) - PIT (1)

a month later, Therrien Got fired and the pens went on to win the stanley cup ;)

Email this fun fact to Mario! ;)

Yeah, glad I didn't put time aside to watch this game last night. Pens/Cats are usually snooze fests. Watching us lose 5-1 would have been pure torture.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
- Glass: it takes a mighty effort to actually get outplayed by Adams, so congrats?
- Orpik: more of a lifetime achievement (-) here, but can we also include in the discussions about how much dead weight he carries offensively? Strong play below the net + puck passed to a wide open Orpik at the point = end of offensive possession.
- Maatta: a common occurrence I see with him this season is getting the puck tangled around his skates behind the goal line. Panick & turnovers often ensue. Just an observation.

Michael8771*

I'm actually happy we took this beating last night, they will show up against the Habs for a change!!!
I'm never happy about a loss, however with a thrashing such as this, one can HOPE some meaningful adjustments are going to be made. Of course I'm not holding my breath.

Michael8771*

I give a big - to Scuderi, he looked overwhelmed when dealing with the FLA forecheck. Certainly wasn't very efficient in safe guarding the puck.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I give a big - to Scuderi, he looked overwhelmed when dealing with the FLA forecheck. Certainly wasn't very efficient in safe guarding the puck.

Agreed. He really struggled with the puck in our zone. I know that's not his forte, but he needs to be better than that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm annoyed. Why don't they put any post game interviews on the Pen's site other than boring Crosby? They used to have Bylsma post games and other player's almost every game.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
That was one of the weirdest games in terms of effort I have seen them play in awhile. Clearly there was no incentive to play this game.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think my favorite LOL moment of the game last night was when Chuck Kobasew had the puck on right wing, early in the game, skated down the lane, never passed the puck, never dumped it in, never did anything except skate and skate and skate with the puck. Eventually, the Panthers' defenseman stripped him of the puck (I think it was Kulikov), and the Panthers went the other way.

Now THAT's hockey! lol

What is it about the Panthers that have historically gotten our superstars' goat? Mario used to have some issues with them, too. I remember the Brad Ference incident, in particular. Crosby seems to lose it against this team, a fair amount. There was the Brett McLean beat down in that Saturday afternoon debacle that was the beginning of the end for Michel Therrien; there was the Keith Ballard fight after Ballard up-ended Malkin with a great hip check; and then there was last night. It's weird.

Crosby had arguably his worst night of the season last night, if not several seasons. It just goes to show how awful this team is if he's not on, or at least mediocre. When he's bad, we're terrible.

BUT, I'm sure it was all Olli Maatta's fault, and Jayson Megna! One of those two will probably sit out against Montreal, in favor of Deryk Engelland. Rookies be damned.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
- Maatta, some bad giveaways and overall tentative play
- Adams and Glass are good on PK but they are redundant 4th line players. Both horrible 5 on 5 and kill any puck possession.
- Sid and Malkin both going through the motions
- Orpik just tries not to take hits in the regular season a little bit more
+ Letang played his best game in a while
+ we starting hitting in the third and showed we cared that we played like ****.
+ it's just one game
- the book on how to beat us is there. If we don't score early, we press, make dumb mistakes, stop taking the body and make lazy passes all night.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
MAF has been very mediocre lately, 888 save % in jan isn't good enough.

Last night i thought he kept on going down when Florida was shooting high on him.

I really hope Shero gets another goalie.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
nothing breeds domiation like having kobasew on the top line. i almost forgot how amazing he was with malkin. db for coach of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad