Pre-Game Talk: PENS @ MTL, Sat. Nov. 12th, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off two consecutive wins.

Josh Anderson has finished serving his suspension and should be back for this game.

Young players doing amazing. Hoffman with 3 goals in his last 2 games.

Kirby on fire.

cJa3hxc.jpg

What to expect vs. the Pens?

Discuss.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs coming off two consecutive wins.

Josh Anderson has finished serving his suspension and should be back for this game.

Young players doing amazing. Hoffman with 3 goals in his last 2 games.

Kirby on fire.

cJa3hxc.jpg

What to expect vs. the Pens?

Discuss.

will be interesting to see where MSL plays Anderson.

My guess is he keeps Hoffman-Dvorak-Gallagher together and puts Anderson with Monahan and either Drouin or Dadonov.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We typically match up well against the Pens. They don't usually clog up the neutral zone. I was at the last Pens game here and I didn't think they played particularly well. Expect much better out of Sid and Co. On the flip side we are a much better TEAM than we were then. Should be fun.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Once Slaf is back I want to see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Salfkovsky - Monahan - Anderson
Pezzeta/Drouin - Evans - Armia

2nd and 3rd line with similar ice-time, obviously, maybe even more for 3rd line if gods are good

I'd like to see that. But I'd personally prefer Armia with Slaf amd Monahan and Anderson with Drouin - or better (though it won't happen):

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Salfkovsky - Monahan - Dvorak
Hoffman - Evan's- Gallagher
Anderson - Drouin - Armia

Reactions: The Real Timo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is matheson still on schedule?

Absolutely boggles my mind that they are 7-6-1 with 4 rookies on defense, including missing their top dman all year.

They bit Pittsburgh once already in a comeback win.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Kane out longterm maybe Hughes can Fleece Edmonton and get rid of Hoffman

I was thinking the Oilers may want a dman to shore up that defense.

We have 3 of them they sorely need: Matheson, Eddy, and Savard.

But yeah, at forward, our biggest trade chips are Anderson, Dvorak, and Monahan. I don't think they'll look to Anderson. Dvorak and Monahan as wingers that can play center may work for them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

But yeah, at forward, our biggest trade chips are Anderson, Dvorak, and Monahan. I don't think they'll look to Anderson. Dvorak and Monahan as wingers that can play center may work for them.
Two generational players and still barely above being a .500 team

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Two generational players and still barely above being a .500 team

Holland hasn't been good since his Detroit d a ys when they had a near monopoly on European players because the were the only team that scouted them properly. (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, the russian 5, etc...). And no salary cap allowed th them to bring in all those stars (Hull, Hasek, Robitaille, etc...) Thank god we got Gorton when we did! A huge muss by other teams.

But yeah, they're a team that are desperate for our D and goalies who are all on good contracts. If Dvorak and Monahan produce, those players at 50% retained would be a god send for their contending hopes.

But a team barely above .500 with contention hopes is the type of team you want to get a 1st from, in hopes they can't get it together this year - like Vegas last year.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Maybe we can get them to take Barron because I'd sure like to get something better than a 2nd round pick for Lehk. :sarcasm:

At this point it looks like we should have kept him.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Habs13 and Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe we can get them to take Barron because I'd sure like to get something better than a 2nd round pick for Lehk. :sarcasm:

At this point it looks like we should have kept him.

I'll only start to worry about Barron in 2 years. I was never expecting an offensive dynamo from him. Just hope becomes an elite skater who covers the ice well, is good defensively, makes a good quick first pass, and doesn't turn the puck over.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How about them goalies? Both Allen and Monty playing great lately. Not worried about who starts.

With all these teams having goaltending problems, how long before one of our two attracts attention and yields a good return?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
With all these teams having goaltending problems, how long before one of our two attracts attention and yields a good return?
Not this season and probably not the next one either. Habs only have 3 goalies signed who can play in the NHL.

Also, the whole point of not having trash goaltending is to isolate the rookies dmen and no throw Primeau (or other prospects) at a level he's not ready for.

Also, Allen isn't doing miracles despite what some posters are saying. His statistically at the same level as his last few seasons. The real improvement is the defenders blocking lots and lots more shots.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad