OT: Pens Memorabilia Thread! Post yours

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
They could have put a nicer label on it, looks like they knocked it up on Word.

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So my question is, what are the WORST pieces of Pens memorabilia you have?I've got some other unsigned 8x11s, posters, and other weird/minor things, the strangest of which is probably this:
HVd99mT.jpg

To answer your question....none.

I don't buy autos and framed merch of just anyone, only players I want and like. Even though my two signed Neal pucks are the only autos I've got in person at an autograph signing this past year, every signed puck or signed and framed piece I have, has a sentimental story behind it.

Here are some examples.

My signed Geno puck with just the normal Pens logo - That was the first signed puck and signed piece of hockey memorabilia I ever got. Add to it the fact that my now fiancée bought if for me for our first Valentine's Day together...and well...voila.

My signed and framed Mario 500th goal commemorative piece - This was not only my first signed and framed piece, but my first of what would become quite a few cherished Mario autographs. Add to it the fact that I got it for $450 instead of regular $800 (yay for the lockout) and plus it was my first thing I bought when I moved here back in September 2012 to make my room look more like a home.

My signed and framed 16X20 of Mario with the Cup - My fiancée bought me this as a surprise when we went to Toronto for the day to go to the HHOF and to go to AJ Sports World to meet James Neal.

As for that "Mellon Ice" water, I've said it before but :biglaugh: at that. Why anyone would actually pay for that when Shop.NHL.com were selling it I have no clue. It could be toilet water from Philly for all we know. :laugh:

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I assume he was talking about my sweet Mellon Arena ice. I think it came in one of those bags they auction off that contains random autographs and memorabilia and stuff. My dad bought it for me. Pretty sure that's the same place the Ben Lovejoy puck came from. When Lovejoy wins the Norris, that thing will be worth tons.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I assume he was talking about my sweet Mellon Arena ice. I think it came in one of those bags they auction off that contains random autographs and memorabilia and stuff. My dad bought it for me. Pretty sure that's the same place the Ben Lovejoy puck came from. When Lovejoy wins the Norris, that thing will be worth tons.

Cool cool.

That reminds me, when do they do that sorta thing usually and are they doing it this year?? They usually did it in the past what...once or twice a year??? I think they usually do the grab bags plus don't they do another thing that has items that were unique to each player?? Or was that the grab bags???

I remember bidding on a thing a few years back that had items that were unique to Eric Godard in it, but I didn't win. :( Which sucks as Godard has always been one of my favourite enforcers. I'm still sad he retired as I would have loved to have met him and maybe got him to sign a puck for me to add to my collection.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Cool cool.

That reminds me, when do they do that sorta thing usually and are they doing it this year?? They usually did it in the past what...once or twice a year??? I think they usually do the grab bags plus don't they do another thing that has items that were unique to each player?? Or was that the grab bags???

I remember bidding on a thing a few years back that had items that were unique to Eric Godard in it, but I didn't win. :( Which sucks as Godard has always been one of my favourite enforcers. I'm still sad he retired as I would have loved to have met him and maybe got him to sign a puck for me to add to my collection.

I know they did those gift basket things around Christmas where specific players would sign a few things and pick out some of their favorite items (like snacks, movies, etc.). The one my dad did was around Christmas time (I think; I'm pretty sure it was a Christmas present) where they put up some ROOT Sports bags that contained a random signed puck, that Mellon ice, a hat, and I believe a few other things. I haven't been collecting/looking at memorabilia as much anymore, so I don't really know if they've done it/if they are going to do it later. I hope they do though, those things are always fun to look at, especially the ones where you actually see what you're bidding on. I wonder if Dan Bylsma's basket contains a framed picture of Craig Adams...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I know they did those gift basket things around Christmas where specific players would sign a few things and pick out some of their favorite items (like snacks, movies, etc.). The one my dad did was around Christmas time (I think; I'm pretty sure it was a Christmas present) where they put up some ROOT Sports bags that contained a random signed puck, that Mellon ice, a hat, and I believe a few other things. I haven't been collecting/looking at memorabilia as much anymore, so I don't really know if they've done it/if they are going to do it later. I hope they do though, those things are always fun to look at, especially the ones where you actually see what you're bidding on. I wonder if Dan Bylsma's basket contains a framed picture of Craig Adams...

Speak of the devil....the Xmas baskets are up for auction.

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/showPage.action?sid=1100803&pageName=profilePage&pgmode1=penguins&pgmode3=timeleft_asc&navid=auctions-nav-pit

My woman actually knew about them before I did this year. :amazed: We looked at the baskets a few hours ago and at first I'm like "why the **** would Craig Adams's basket already be up to $620 and yet Sid's is under $500 so far??? Bylsma must be bidding Adams's basket!!!!" But then I realized that a team signed jersey is in ol' Craig's basket. :laugh:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
While it's not exactly Pens related memorabilia I figured this is too sick not to share. Both the piece and the story of how I actually managed to get it.

About 2 weeks ago on December 7th Frameworth had their 2nd annual "Doorcrashers Sale" where everything online was 40% off and there were also a few designated "Doorcrasher" items like signed jerseys and signed and framed stuff that were available at over half off. The catch was though that there were only 10 of each special "Doorcrasher" item available in the store in Toronto and only 4 of each item available online. The online orders started at 11AM and basically it was first come first serve (as they only had 4 of each special Doorcrasher item available for online customers) and you had to fill out an order form and more or less submit your order right at 11AM on the minute.

Well naturally I placed an order at 11AM on the minute (after sitting at my PC all ready to email them my order but thinking I'd not get what I wanted as I'd be beaten by a fraction of a second even though I placed my order online right as the clock struck 11AM) and look and behold...Frameworth called me an hour later to tell me I got this which is what I wanted. Even better is the fact that it was the last one. :yo::yo::yo:

Voila....

rrupnt.jpg

2j4udlx.jpg

2ms321f.jpg

2hx6hxc.jpg

2nqzk8x.jpg

It's a dual signed Sidney Crosby/Paul Henderson "Greatest Goals In The History Of Canadian Hockey" piece which contains two signed 8x10 photos. One is a photo of Paul Henderson (handsigned by him) showing after he scored the famous '72 Summit Series goal, and the other handsigned picture is of Crosby right after he scored the "Golden Goal" at the 2010 Olympics.

That piece is regular $1000 but they had it online that one day only for the special price of $250.00. Needless to say I am beyond ****ing stoked to have actually gotten one and especially the last one. :D Especially for that price and considering that up until now I didn't have any signed Sid stuff in my collection. :yo::yo::yo::yo:

Yay for holidays sales. :)

That's a nice piece, Penguins or not it's a beautiful piece of Canadian hockey. It would have been so cool if they added the Lemieux goal from the Labatt Cup in Quebec on that Gretzky pass. Nice piece

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Some Great Pens Memorabilia

Hey all!

So, after several years of HF silence on this issue, today I'm going to come clean. A relative of mine was part of the Pens ownership group beginning in the early 90s. He is still a minority owner of the team. I'm sure those of you who are well versed in this stuff will be able to connect names and faces, but I'd ask that you please refrain from making our names public here on HF.

Anyhow, today I got a rare chance to catch up with my relative for the first time since 2010. He gave me a tour of his "trophy room" which had some awesome Pens memorabilia that I felt compelled to share. See the pics below.

The craziest story he told me circled around the first photo below. Apparently he struck a deal to purchase the Red Army team after the fall of the Soviet Union under the pretext of being able to bring some of the players over to NA. Although the players never came over, this AWESOME hybrid Red Army/Pens jersey was made.
EDIT: Found some info about it on Wiki: Russian Penguins

The jersey:
1524640_10200765566015005_60295836_n.jpg

My relative shopped in on Lemieux's face:
1525130_10200765567175034_407015482_n.jpg

My relative's '09 Cup Ring:
1557674_10200765561894902_1282790956_n.jpg

A pretty awesome "Mini Cup":
1460162_10200765564654971_832892770_n.jpg

A miniature version of the statue outside of the Consol Energy Center:
1510563_10200765562694922_1524217395_n.jpg

Some ice from the Igloo:
1512496_10200765563414940_390786186_n.jpg

My relative and me:
1526508_10200765562894927_2043048866_n.jpg

There were lots of other cool items on display, but I think these were the highlights. Happy to share more if there's interest, though!

Last edited:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
That's outstanding. Very cool and thanks for sharing. I'd like to see/hear more of whatever you've got to share.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've wanted a Russian Penguins jersey for as long as I could remember.

The Igloo Ice strikes me as something my old roommate would have drank thinking it was vodka.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There was a site that sold game worn Russian Penguin jerseys years ago, back when they were associated with us. I bought a couple at that time (not from the site linked below, but for a set fee) because I thought that they were cool.

Here is a link to one I found, and what it sold for, as an example. They did not go for much then. I don't think that I paid more than $40 or $50 for them.

2001-02 Maxim Koryakin Russian Penguins Game Worn Jersey

fd3be9ed4a1e31e7.jpg

16879.jpg

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/pro...ssian_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey-5171-142.html

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
You are Shero and I claim my $5.

:sarcasm:

Nice stuff though seriously like the Russian Penguin jersey

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This thread needed to be 1 thread for how awesome it is. I love seeing all this stuff.

Great memorabilia!

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
This thread needed to be 1 thread for how awesome it is. I love seeing all this stuff.

Great memorabilia!

Yup. Love seeing others love for the Pens as well

Made the wife look at this so she knows I'm not the only crazy guy out there

Now I need a bigger basement to keep adding!!!! :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad