OT: Pens Memorabilia Thread! Post yours

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hi all,

A few of you who had posted in that thread I made about the trip to Toronto that my fiancee and I took to meet James Neal last Friday were asking if I could post pictures of my new 16X20 photo of Mario with the Cup that my fiancee had surprised me with. Also for the longest time I had wanted to take pictures of my signed puck collection which I now have done. So now, here is everything so far in my Penguins memorabilia collection that is autographed.

Signed photos:

First of all my latest addition, this beautifully signed 16X20 photo of Mario with the Cup that I got at AJ Sports World in Vaughn.

z3kzo.jpg

1jookj.jpg

ojjxwm.jpg

And here is the signed Lemieux 16X20 photo I have which commemorates Mario's 500th goal. I bought this piece back in October from our local sports memorabilia store even though the piece originally came from ReichPM in Pittsburgh. I know some of you may have seen it, but maybe not all of you. As you can see in the right hand bottom of the picture only 166 copies of this signed print were made. And mine is number 27 out of 166.

so321j.jpg

2myupsz.jpg

35bfo9l.jpg

5alvue.jpg

Pucks:

First off, here are my two signed Neal pucks that I got signed by him when I met him last Friday. Note the awesome "40 Goals 2012" inscription that I had him put on the second puck on the right. ;)

2i8dsfr.jpg

Next up are my signed Letang and Mario Lemieux Team Canada puck...

156eqt3.jpg

And last but not least, my signed Mario puck which commemorates the '91 and '92 Cup wins and my signed Geno puck....

29vkw8z.jpg

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
That old school Pens puck. Loooooove.

The '91 and '92 commemorative Cup one you mean???? Yeah I got that online along with the Lemieux Team Canada one from AJ Sports World back in January. They had a 30% off Boxing Day sale so I took advantage of it. Both pucks were initially $249.99 each, but with the 30% off code they came to $175 each.

If you're interested Cole, they still sell that puck online but have it available with signatures of different players on them, not just Lemieux. They have it available with your choice of autographs from Coffey, Francis, Jagr, Mullen, Stevens and Tocchet and of course Mario. The prices do vary though.

Here's a website link to their store if you wanna do some browsing.

http://www.ajsportsworld.com/index.php

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Those are really cool. As long as you're not one of those dudes pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs so you can sell them. I hate those guys.

Here's my list so far...i dont have pictures but whatever im not making this up lol

-Evgeni Malkin autographed jersey
-Sports Illustrated special edition with sidney crosby on the cover. Signed by Crosby,Malkin, Fleury, Talbot, Fedotenko, and McKee.
-Hockey puck signed by Kunitz and Crosby
-Another puck signed by Mike Lange (although that one is going to my dad as a present)
-Broken Castleton stick auto'd by Kris Letang (my cousin, who played at Castleton, has been best friends with him since they were little)

I also have some non-penguins stuff

-Signed baseball by Pedro Martinez
-game ticket signed by Dan uggla and dontrelle willis (lol!)
-game ticket auto'd by Tim Lincecum
-Tim Thomas auto'd providence bruins card (i got that from a pack of "in the game" trading cards. It's a real signature)
-Auto'd Bill Maseroski t-ball (i was 4)
-football signed by almost all of the starting players from the 1995 super bowl team

I only paid for the Pedro Martinez ball and Tim Thomas card. They're all pretty cool but they dont stack up to that Lemieux picture you have signed. That thing is awesome.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
very cool buddy. love me some hockey autos :)

i still need to add a james neal one to my collection. that thing looks sweet (and the inscription is awesome as well)

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Those are really cool. As long as you're not one of those dudes pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs so you can sell them. I hate those guys.

Nope I'm not nor will I ever be one of those jerks. I hate those *******s as well. They don't appreciate ****, are just in it for the money, and give the real fans and collectors like us a bad name. Believe me, unless it literally was a matter of life or death I'd NEVER sell any of my Pens memorabilia. Especially my signed stuff.

But yeah, with the exception of the signed Neal pucks that I got when I met him at a public signing that my fiancee and I went to last Friday in Vaughn...all of my other autographs (each Mario piece or my Geno and Letang pucks) were purchased online (i.e. through places like AJ Sports World or Frameworth) or in collectible shops.

Why??? Well I figure for high profile guys like Mario, Geno, or even Crosby the odds of me meeting any of them in person are damn slim. I mean let's be honest, 9 times out of 10 if those guys even do signings in stores they are private signings and not for the public to attend, for obviously reasons due to who they are. So for those autos I don't mind paying money for them. Plus at least with places like AJ Sports World, ReichPM, or Frameworth you know those autographs are prestine and not just scribbled in a hurry in a parking lot.

With that said, after meeting Neal last Friday (which was the first Pens signing that I've ever had the privilege and opportunity to attend thanks to my fiancee), I'll be trying to attend as many in-store signings around my area for Pens players as I can now. They're a blast and are an amazing thing to experience as a fan that's for sure. :nod: :) :yo:

I only paid for the Pedro Martinez ball and Tim Thomas card. They're all pretty cool but they dont stack up to that Lemieux picture you have signed. That thing is awesome.

Which signed Mario pic of mine are you referring to man??? The one of him with the Cup I just got??? Or the signed and limited one I have that commemorates his 500th goal???

very cool buddy. love me some hockey autos :)

i still need to add a james neal one to my collection. that thing looks sweet (and the inscription is awesome as well)

Yeah I was beyond excited when my fiancee surprised me last month by telling me that she had booked March 8th off of work in advance so that her and I could go to Toronto that day to go to the Hockey Hall Of Fame and to attend that Neal signing.

Neal is an awesome guy for sure. Very humble and friendly. :nod: Plus I mean let's be honest, it's James "The Real ****ing Deal" Neal here. :yo: I remember just being in awe when I stood beside him in the picture my fiancee and I had taken with him. :laugh:

If you ever get the chance to meet him, go for it man. However, if you really want a signed Neal Puck ASAP, here ya go.

http://www.ajsportsworld.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_aj.tpl&product_id=4235&category_id=30&keyword=neal

It's from the same store in Vaughn where I met Neal and bought my signed Mario with the Cup picture. Plus it's the same store that I got my signed Mario Team Canada and commemorative '91 and '92 Cup pucks from. Everything there is handsigned and 100% legit of course.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Nope I'm not nor will I ever be one of those jerks. I hate those *******s as well. They don't appreciate ****, are just in it for the money, and give the real fans and collectors like us a bad name. Believe me, unless it literally was a matter of life or death I'd NEVER sell any of my Pens memorabilia. Especially my signed stuff.

But yeah, with the exception of the signed Neal pucks that I got when I met him at a public signing that my fiancee and I went to last Friday in Vaughn...all of my other autographs (each Mario piece or my Geno and Letang pucks) were purchased online (i.e. through places like AJ Sports World or Frameworth) or in collectible shops.

Why??? Well I figure for high profile guys like Mario, Geno, or even Crosby the odds of me meeting any of them in person are damn slim. I mean let's be honest, 9 times out of 10 if those guys even do signings in stores they are private signings and not for the public to attend, for obviously reasons due to who they are. So for those autos I don't mind paying money for them. Plus at least with places like AJ Sports World, ReichPM, or Frameworth you know those autographs are prestine and not just scribbled in a hurry in a parking lot.

With that said, after meeting Neal last Friday (which was the first Pens signing that I've ever had the privilege and opportunity to attend thanks to my fiancee), I'll be trying to attend as many in-store signings around my area for Pens players as I can now. They're a blast and are an amazing thing to experience as a fan that's for sure. :nod: :) :yo:

Which signed Mario pic of mine are you referring to man??? The one of him with the Cup I just got??? Or the signed and limited one I have that commemorates his 500th goal???

Yeah I was beyond excited when my fiancee surprised me last month by telling me that she had booked March 8th off of work in advance so that her and I could go to Toronto that day to go to the Hockey Hall Of Fame and to attend that Neal signing.

Neal is an awesome guy for sure. Very humble and friendly. :nod: Plus I mean let's be honest, it's James "The Real ****ing Deal" Neal here. :yo: I remember just being in awe when I stood beside him in the picture my fiancee and I had taken with him. :laugh:

If you ever get the chance to meet him, go for it man. However, if you really want a signed Neal Puck ASAP, here ya go.

http://www.ajsportsworld.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_aj.tpl&product_id=4235&category_id=30&keyword=neal

It's from the same store in Vaughn where I met Neal and bought my signed Mario with the Cup picture. Plus it's the same store that I got my signed Mario Team Canada and commemorative '91 and '92 Cup pucks from. Everything there is handsigned and 100% legit of course.

Idk about Mario, but i got all my pens autographs from going to practices at southpointe. If you go during the week, they will sign after practice is over out by Jay's restaurant. I havent been able to get back there since college but it is pretty empty when they practice there during the week.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Pretty awesome stuff there; I love the Team Canada puck. I have some things but have been giving a lot to my nephew. WBS meet and greet on the 25th coming up...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Man, sometimes I wish I'd have places like this near me as I'd be in there every other day after earning my paycheck. Shipping can be a right nightmare sometimes. I bought a grab bag from Frozen Pond and it was $40 shipping which isn't too bad but sometimes I'll try and work it out and it'll say some astronomically high price that just isn't worth it and is worth more than the actual item. Luckily, I have an uncle that lives in Nanaimo and I think he can forward them on to me for little cost.

That AJ Sports world has a good deal regarding shipping over $100 so I've have a look at that as they seem to have some good stuff on there. My collection in comparison to this is shabby. I have:

Sidney Crosby framed photo (Unsigned)
David Moss signed puck
Pittsburgh Penguins puck
Vancouver Canucks puck
Three Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins pucks
Another signed puck, can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Signed Deryk Engelland photo of him fighting Orr.

Hoping to add to my collection as I get older.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Idk about Mario, but i got all my pens autographs from going to practices at southpointe. If you go during the week, they will sign after practice is over out by Jay's restaurant. I havent been able to get back there since college but it is pretty empty when they practice there during the week.

Trust me, if I could go to Pittsburgh for a game or even a practice I would. Sadly I've yet to be at a Pens game live. :(

My fiancee did try to get us tickets for the Pens and Leafs game last saturday. Ideally she had wanted to go with me to Toronto on the Friday when we had gone to meet Neal at the public signing and then stay overnight in TO for the game vs. the Leafs on Saturday. But given the ridiculous prices at the ACC for tickets and the fact that $250-300 nosebleed seats were the only ones left when we looked online, we said screw it.

We both said that if we were going to spend $200-300 per ticket for a Pens game, it'd be much more worth it to just travel to Pittsburgh. For that money we'd much rather have kick ass seats at the CEC instead of crap seats in Toronto. Plus she knows I want to see the CEC in person and get pictures standing in front of the Lemieux statue etc.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Also. Despres, Fleury, Kunitz, Sutter and Neal were at Frozen Pond a day or two ago so they might have some new stuff coming out soon. It was one of those private signings I believe though.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Great stuff

I need to stop being lazy and post some of the stuff as well :laugh:

Yeah you were the one who mainly inspired me to get off my ass and take pictures last night. I know you had asked to see my Mario with the Cup picture so... :laugh:

Let's see your stuff man.

So what do ya think of that signed Mario with the Cup picture??? Pretty ****ing sick eh? ;) The neat thing was when my fiancee and I had inquired about it at AJ Sports World while we were there for the Neal signing, they gave is a discount on it. It was regular $599 plus tax and they gave it to me for $450 with tax. I'm assuming it was because we were there in person and had already gave them $ for the goodies we wanted Neal to sign. But the fact that they obviously didn't have to give us that discount (especially that picture was over $600) but they did anyways was really nice of them.

I've now dealt with AJ Sports World twice (once online and now once in person) and I really can't say enough things about how great they are. Great service, friendly staff, and absolutely beyond beautiful pieces of memorabilia. Plus their prices for signings are great.

Trust me, if the Mario signing that they have coming up on April 4th was an in-store signing for the public (like how the Neal one was) instead of obviously being a private one...I'd be there. :laugh: Not so much to snag a bunch of merch but obviously because first and foremost I've always dreamed of meeting Super Mario. :)

A Kunitz signing there this summer would be cool. I'd love to meet the Koon and get his autograph. :)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What's the normal procedure with these signings? Do you pay to go in and then pay for whatever it is you've asked to be signing?

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Very nice pieces MPF, beautiful stuff. Love how you buy it and are all about it, wish more people were like you. You guys wouldnt believe the stuff my borderline stalker uncle has, just unreal amounts of signed stuff from the Pens and other players that have come through. Have to give him credit as he's the reason for the stuff I have. And as long as you're not the dude pushing kids out of the way ok have at it.

What's the normal procedure with these signings? Do you pay to go in and then pay for whatever it is you've asked to be signing?

For the ones where you pay for the ticket, you typically pay a different price between getting a jersey signed vs a puck/photo/mini helmet. It's not a large range in price but its up to you. Then you just gotta wait in line and have your stuff with you.

For our anniversary I got my gf a ticket for the signing on Friday at Century III Mall at the 1st and Goal sports. It's Letang, Neal, Despres and Dupuis, they have a bundle available but just got her the one for Tang to sign her jersey. It's a neat, civilized, non creepy way to do it if you don't mind spending the money.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Also. Despres, Fleury, Kunitz, Sutter and Neal were at Frozen Pond a day or two ago so they might have some new stuff coming out soon. It was one of those private signings I believe though.

So Despres, Kunitz, Sutter and Neal were at Frozen Pond too??? Damn. As I know according to their website that they were to have MAF doing a private thing last night at their store. None of Despres, Kunitz, Sutter and Neal were mentioned so I figured it was just MAF there to privately sign stuff.

Like I said, a public in-store Kunitz signing at AJ Sports World this summer would be sick. Hopefully they could bring him (or any Penguins with the now exception of Orpik) in this summer.

Well I've only been to one signing so far which was the Neal one at AJ Sports World last Friday (which Orpik was supposed to be at as well before he pissed them off by backing out a few hours before it was scheduled that day). But basically how it worked was we went up to the counter, one of the guys showed us all what they had available if we wanted to buy one of their pucks, pictures, jerseys, sticks, etc. for Neal to sign. Even though I knew automatically I wanted pucks, he was extremely friendly and patient and let my fiancee choose the 8X10 she wanted Neal to sign. So we picked out our goodies, paid for them, and as we paid we then were given 3 green tickets that meant we were good for 3 autographs. One for each of my pucks, and the other was for my fiancee and her 8X10 photo. Then we just waited in line.

Other folks had come in with their own stuff from home that they had wanted Neal to sign like jerseys and stuff, but I dunno how that worked in terms of how they paid for it.

Hope this answers your question man.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Very nice pieces MPF, beautiful stuff. Love how you buy it and are all about it, wish more people were like you. You guys wouldnt believe the stuff my borderline stalker uncle has, just unreal amounts of signed stuff from the Pens and other players that have come through. Have to give him credit as he's the reason for the stuff I have. And as long as you're not the dude pushing kids out of the way ok have at it.

Yessir I love collecting Pens stuff be it signed or unsigned or just Pens stuff in general. I.E. I love those "Greatest Games" DVD sets of Pens games that have been released and I really hope they do a Volume 3 since I love having Pens games on legit DVD's.

But really, when it comes to my signed pieces really alot of the credit should be given to my fiancee. As the first signed piece I ever got was the signed Geno puck in my pictures there. She had given it to me as a Valentine's Day gift back in 2012. :nod: Plus I would have never found that limited to 166 framed and signed Mario 500th goal comemorative piece locally if her and I had not moved to Kitchener back last September. Plus she encourages me to buy these things as she knows that memorabilia collecting is such a huge passion of mine. Which that in itself is amazing. Sure she's become a Pens fan as well since she met me, but let's be honest, most women would freak if their boyfriends/husbands/fiances etc. were buying and bringing home $500+ sports collectibles. Or they'd complain about lack of wall space. :laugh:

I guess the fact that my fiancee also likes collecting things and had/has attended alot of sci-fi conventions over the years before we met and has gotten autographs from alot of people there she's wanted to meet helps my case. :laugh: ;)

We're supposed to go to Fan Expo 2013 in Toronto in August. What's intriguing for me (as I'm not a sci-fi guy) is that this convention will mark the first time that they'll have sports people there. Due to a partnership between that convention and AJ Sports World, they'll have Sakic, Brodeur, Bobby Orr, and Gordie Howe there. So depending on how much it'll cost, I'd love to meet Orr and Howe and get their autographs. Sure I'm not a Detroit or Boston fan, but hey it's Bobby Orr and Gordie "Mr. Hockey" Howe y'know? :)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm hoping that I can go to either America or Canada again some time in the next year or two. Looking to catch a game in Pittsburgh next season along with one in New York. Shipping to the USA is cheaper and normally a lot better.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'm hoping that I can go to either America or Canada again some time in the next year or two. Looking to catch a game in Pittsburgh next season along with one in New York. Shipping to the USA is cheaper and normally a lot better.

Yeah I wanna catch a game in Pittsburgh as well. Plus I'd love to get a jersey at the PensGear store, either a replica or (if they are no longer made by RBK in the future) a customized authentic.

I had gone to the Spirit Of Hockey store in the HHOF last Friday but sadly they didn't have the customized jersey I wanted. I had wanted one of the diagonal "PITTSBURGH" jerseys from the 90's but customized with Lemieux's name and numbers. Sadly even though they had those diagonal "PIITSBURGH" CCM 550 replica jerseys in the store...they were blank and were out of the ones in my size. :(

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Yeah you were the one who mainly inspired me to get off my ass and take pictures last night. I know you had asked to see my Mario with the Cup picture so... :laugh:

Let's see your stuff man.

So what do ya think of that signed Mario with the Cup picture??? Pretty ****ing sick eh? ;) The neat thing was when my fiancee and I had inquired about it at AJ Sports World while we were there for the Neal signing, they gave is a discount on it. It was regular $599 plus tax and they gave it to me for $450 with tax. I'm assuming it was because we were there in person and had already gave them $ for the goodies we wanted Neal to sign. But the fact that they obviously didn't have to give us that discount (especially that picture was over $600) but they did anyways was really nice of them.

I've now dealt with AJ Sports World twice (once online and now once in person) and I really can't say enough things about how great they are. Great service, friendly staff, and absolutely beyond beautiful pieces of memorabilia. Plus their prices for signings are great.

Trust me, if the Mario signing that they have coming up on April 4th was an in-store signing for the public (like how the Neal one was) instead of obviously being a private one...I'd be there. :laugh: Not so much to snag a bunch of merch but obviously because first and foremost I've always dreamed of meeting Super Mario. :)

A Kunitz signing there this summer would be cool. I'd love to meet the Koon and get his autograph. :)

That's awesome. I promise I will try to get my stuff up.

I can't view your Lemieux frame here at work:rant: Will check it out tonight:nod:

I went on the AJ site and noticed the signing, to bad it's too far. Same here, would love to meet Super Mario. Maybe one day in Pittsburgh

Later

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Yeah I wanna catch a game in Pittsburgh as well. Plus I'd love to get a jersey at the PensGear store, either a replica or (if they are no longer made by RBK in the future) a customized authentic.

I had gone to the Spirit Of Hockey store in the HHOF last Friday but sadly they didn't have the customized jersey I wanted. I had wanted one of the diagonal "PITTSBURGH" jerseys from the 90's but customized with Lemieux's name and numbers. Sadly even though they had those diagonal "PIITSBURGH" CCM 550 replica jerseys in the store...they were blank and were out of the ones in my size. :(

That's the next thing!

My girl is 2 1/2 and my little boy is only 5 month, really hard to do something like this right now. Wife said maybe next year or the one after.

Going to look for a double header home weekend like this one coming up at least get our money's worth. Got chills just thinking about it

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
That's the next thing!

My girl is 2 1/2 and my little boy is only 5 month, really hard to do something like this right now. Wife said maybe next year or the one after.

Going to look for a double header home weekend like this one coming up at least get our money's worth. Got chills just thinking about it

Nice. I hope you can make it to the 'Burgh one day man. It'd be sweet if you and I ended up going to the same game someday and we could meet up and have a beer or whatnot.

In the case of my fiancee and I not being able to attend a game in Pittsburgh right now, it's money and the fact that I don't have a passport yet holding us back. We are talking about going to Ottawa for a Pens game next season though. In any case, I need to get off my ass and get a passport. :laugh:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Nice. I hope you can make it to the 'Burgh one day man. It'd be sweet if you and I ended up going to the same game someday and we could meet up and have a beer or whatnot.

In the case of my fiancee and I not being able to attend a game in Pittsburgh right now, it's money and the fact that I don't have a passport yet holding us back. We are talking about going to Ottawa for a Pens game next season though. In any case, I need to get off my ass and get a passport. :laugh:

Yes you do:laugh:

If you guys want kids, I'd suggest this trip before cause it gets hard after to do these kind of road trips;)

I'm thinking of the game in Ottawa late in April actually

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad