Post-Game Talk: Pens jerk around the Canes

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
He's got 11 points in 19 games since Jake went down. Not saying he's a sure fire top six forward, but his skill set is producing at a 47 point pace which is the same thing we've typically gotten from Zucker / Smith / Rakell in that role.

Puustinen and DOC have both produced 9 points in 19 games at 5v5 in that time period too.

Kinda funny.
I just don't see it with O'Connor. He has good straight ahead speed, but bad agility. Good positionally, poor creatively. He can be strong on the puck defensively, and then can't handle the puck in open space. Who knows. Maybe he puts it all together. I hope he does. I hope you're right, and he goes 20-30-50 next year. You can bookmark this post and call me an idiot.

Reactions: ncm7772

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just don't see it with O'Connor. He has good straight ahead speed, but bad agility. Good positionally, poor creatively. He can be strong on the puck defensively, and then can't handle the puck in open space. Who knows. Maybe he puts it all together. I hope he does. I hope you're right, and he goes 20-30-50 next year. You can bookmark this post and call me an idiot.

I think ideally he's a bottom six forward, but I don't mind seeing him up there.

He had a rough one today.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He’s like young Rust but bigger. He’ll probably always be streaky with his hands and not at a real top 6 level with stick handling every game. He should go the rust route and pick 2 or 3 moves one on one and practice them to death and otherwise just make simple plays.

Reactions: wizmet12

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
His passing is really poor imo. Makes a lot of "hope" passes where he just sends it in the general direction of someone. If he was a better finisher it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Puustinen with 19pts in 41 games, with limited ice time. Not awful defensively either. SHOULD be a regular next year.

That was a hell of a game from Puljujarvi, but something to build on. He could be a hell of a reclamation project. He brings a size and tenacity we have sorely lacked. If he could be our Nichuskin-lite, I would be psyched.

Gruden reminds me of a forward version of Mark Friedman, but in a good way.

Love to see the younger guys instilling some energy and feisty-ness into the lineup. Caps are way ahead of us there.

Unfortunatley when Carts, Harkins and whoever the f*** else is a "Vet" are healthy. We will see less of that

Also, loved DOC's face after scoring the EN. Dude doesn't take anything for granted

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas is in the silently transition too younger and faster and somewhat bigger. Sullivans options next year will be younger players and players competing who are young as well.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He’s basically Kevin Stevens without the hands, shot, or hitting ability. He really needs to work on his shooting this summer though. He could turn into something really useful if he does that.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I may be in the minority, but if the penguins pick in the top ten at season end keep the pick. The pens will be better next season with the youth in the lineup, Reiden gone and a top six forward signed in free agency.

0aeb64ae4123e0f0f59d9ab354ad05f2.jpg

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Last two games have been huge for Crosby's totals. Looking like he's tying Gretzky's record for consecutive PPG seasons for sure now. Could also move into the top 10 in points, 12 points back of Esposito with 11 games left. Only 1 behind Bourque now. Might also get 1000 assists this year, sitting at 993 right now.

Seemed like he was on his way to 50 goals this year before the season went south. I think 40 is still within reach. That would put him 10 away from 600.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I wonder what could have been if Puus, Poulin, and Gruden had been early-season staples over Harkins, Nieto, Acciari, and Carter.
What is this org's obsession with players like this? So tired of it.

I think it's safe to say Acciari is McGinn part 2 at this point. Useless signing.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ending the season on a 12 game winning streak, making the playoffs, and getting swept would be the funniest possible outcome for this team.
Because this team loves to make things as aggravating and pointless as possible, they'd somehow steal game 1 and be leading game 2 going into the 3rd period.

And then lose the series 4-1.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I want to win the next 12 games, miss the playoffs anyways, and give that pick instead of next years.
This is the way. Go on a tear with some young guys actually playing that may get through Sully’s thick skull that you don’t always have to play old dinosaurs in your bottom 6 while giving SJ a worse pick.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
How did Poulin look? Looks like he got two minutes more than I thought he would.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
He’s basically Kevin Stevens without the hands, shot, or hitting ability. He really needs to work on his shooting this summer though. He could turn into something really useful if he does that.
I know what you're saying.......... having said that, I don't know what you're saying.

Kevin Stevens was a bullish, barrel chested, beast of man.
DOC is squishy soft and boyish. Could he develop a scoring touch like Stevens?... If he hit the weight room, added scars to face...... maybe throw in weight gainer3000. Maybe

DOC reminds me of an offensive version of Ville Siren.

Reactions: ncm7772

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We won thanks to scoring two goals on zero high danger chances in the second period. This kind of thing seems to happen a lot when CAR loses. Quite a shooting gallery in our zone too. Zero scoring chances on the PP for either team is also kind of funny and nothing new for the Pens, of course.

This is the first Pens win I actually watched since that game in Vancouver that gave us lots of false hope. Since the team will probably be even worse next season, I don't mind winning as long as we get rid of the coaching staff.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad