Post-Game Talk: Pens/Isles Game 1: Home Ice + Good Matchup all for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Well. Would not be surprised if we lose in four or five now. Jarry can't do it, and his confidence is utterly shattered. One of the worst goaltending performances I've seen a Penguin goalie have.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
This is like game 5 versus Tampa in 2016 where the goalie lost the game. No Murray level type player to go back to though.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Yeah you need a save from your goalie in the Playoffs if you want to do damage. Not a good look overall, but those were some awful goals to give up.

Reactions: Angrrus

BobCole

May 21, 2014
If your fourth line LW has a really bad game, the team can usually get away with it. When your goalie lays a deuce, it costs you the game. It happens. Take a breath, everyone.

With that said, obviously being 1-10 in our last 11 playoff games isn't good. We need a W in Game 2.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
This roster needs to prove they can win a playoff game again. Part of what scared me going into this. I also didn’t like having to face the Islanders and Trotz.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Almost all on Jarry, and then a little on sloppiness. Guys like Matheson and Pets made some mistakes, L2 struggled to make an impact other than the goal, and we started chasing the puck. We were hesitating, probably because we knew any shot could go in.

Bottom line: we aren't going anywhere unless Jarry settles down, and we aren't going anywhere without Malkin. Fix those two things and we dominate today and the series.

Petts was great for us tonight.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Not a single support player stepped up. Kap had a goal late, which was nice. But that was it.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
The sky is falling I'm sure, but it sure felt like that L is totally on Jarry. Some bad MAF meltdown flashbacks in that one. Well, whatever, just one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad