Post-Game Talk: Pens/Isles Game 1: Home Ice + Good Matchup all for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jarry was MAF-bad. Rust was awful. Jake was awful. Matheson was awful. Petts had a good 1st period then spent the rest of the game putzing around like a baby giraffe.

Sid, Letang and Kap were great. Stick tap to Carter as well, though he's clearly best suited for the 3C role.

Ah well. Really wanted to go to the Island up 2-0 because we need to take advantage of home ice but y'know. It's Penguins playoff hockey™.

Reactions: TNT87

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I was told having a good power play somehow gives your goalie +2 overall to his ratings. Like that's related.

Or he could just make an easy save.

------JAF

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought we got into bad habits as the game went along. We had success early on with our wingers coming back into the d-zone and giving support on the breakout. Then as the game progressed we started doing the same long bomb passes that inevitably turn into turnovers vs the Isles' system.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Should be no angle and Jarry gives up six inches at the top of the net.

The shot didn't even hit the bar. It wasn't even perfect, and Jarry was giving them that shot at no angle all night.

Play Legace or DeSmith next game. Jarry has cracked.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Deserved to lose that one.

Not totally on Jarry, but he was the worst player. I have a tough time describing how much I’ve despised this team’s goaltending in the playoffs other than the Cup runs.

But yeah, there was a lot to not like about this one. Pens have very little chance of coming back in this series.

And back to the DB era, where a playoff OT game is an automatic loss.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Almost all on Jarry, and then a little on sloppiness. Guys like Matheson and Pets made some mistakes, L2 struggled to make an impact other than the goal, and we started chasing the puck. We were hesitating, probably because we knew any shot could go in.

Bottom line: we aren't going anywhere unless Jarry settles down, and we aren't going anywhere without Malkin. Fix those two things and we dominate today and the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad