GDT: Pens @ Isles, Battle of the All-Star goalies, who weren't originally All-Stars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Imagine how good this team would be if Fleury just stopped every puck. I mean. WOW! Just think of it! If only Fleury just saved everything. I never thought of this until now. Christ. I wish that Fleury would get his **** together and just stop the pucks so that the defense, who are out to ****ing lunch on every goal, don't look so bad.
Imagine if MAF made a key save in the 3rd, or a couple. Game would likely have gone to OT.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Letang kept shooting pucks right into defenders shins and his passes were off the mark all night. He almost handed them an empty netter at the end.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
We need defensemen who can handle speed teams. Perron's the only backchecker on the top line. Crosby makes it to the slot by the time the goal's in the back of the net while Kunitz is at center ice.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang's positive contributes grossly outweighed whatever negatives you could give him tonight. This was a very entertaining game that could have gone either way. We need to start finding ways to win games like this, but I'm not going to jump off of any ledges. The Isles are good competition.

Two things:

Geno played great, which is encouraging, but you've got to produce.

Sid was just plain awesome and deserved those two goals, but his decision on the Isles 4th goal to abdicate defensively when Letang had pinched was the end of this game.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Something about learning lessons.... suppose we better start when it comes to the Islanders.

Ultimately, as much as Fleury deserves praise this season, that third goal couldn't happen, and neither could the fifth. Downie should not have take the penalty leading to the fifth, but just the same.
Not going crazy on 29, but this one is on him.

Not at all a fan of Geno being used as sparingly as he was, but I did like that Johnston used Downie with him and Bennett at the end. Whatever anyone says about Spaling, he is not the man for that line.

Scuds was a dumpster fire and Adams was worthless. Arcobello I barely noticed which might be both good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad