GDT: Pens @ Isles, Battle of the All-Star goalies, who weren't originally All-Stars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Should be a great game...unfortunately it may end up being the first game I miss this season. My SO is in the hospital and I'm hoping he gets discharged tonight, but either way I'll be spending my evening at Presby. I'll dvr it but the chances of it not getting spoiled before I can watch are slim to none.

It would be nice to see Geno or Sid gain some ground in the scoring race tonight.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
Should be a great game...unfortunately it may end up being the first game I miss this season. My SO is in the hospital and I'm hoping he gets discharged tonight, but either way I'll be spending my evening at Presby. I'll dvr it but the chances of it not getting spoiled before I can watch are slim to none.

It would be nice to see Geno or Sid gain some ground in the scoring race tonight.

Aww, hope everything's alright.

Also, preach it, sister (brother?)

The Pen's had best not play as sloppy as they did against the Wild's; they can't afford to.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Whatever happens, just remember we're still missing 2 key cogs in Horny and Comeau.

Hoping for a win though.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This is the game of the year, thus far (IMO). Relatively healthy, these guys took it to the Pens the last two times, they are leading the division. If the Pens lose this, we're probably looking at a 2nd place finish and a lot of questions (with this group) about how well they match up against the Islanders.

tl;dr - go team

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

All the best DA. Hope all is well and you're able to see this game. It really promises to be excellent. I just hope the Pens come out quick and don't start on their heels, that seems to happen whenever we play these guys.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If i'm MJ, i go full trap mode like we did to the Lightning with a shorthanded lineup. Ebbett and Rust were Geno's winger's that night.
Gotta slow these guys down and counter with a better forward group than that Tampa game.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Whatever happens, just remember we're still missing 2 key cogs in Horny and Comeau.

Hoping for a win though.

I don't think the injuries are an excuse anymore, Horny and Comeau are the only 2 injuries for the pens(i don't count Maatta and Dupuis since they wouldn't be part of the team this year), its pretty normal for a team to have 1 or 2 players out of the lineup this time of year.

I don't think the Isles are going to have Grabovski and Visnovsky tonight, so that's 2 key players for there team that's out of the lineup.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Aww, hope everything's alright.

Also, preach it, sister (brother?)

The Pen's had best not play as sloppy as they did against the Wild's; they can't afford to.

All the best DA. Hope all is well and you're able to see this game. It really promises to be excellent. I just hope the Pens come out quick and don't start on their heels, that seems to happen whenever we play these guys.

Thanks much. Scary moments but everything is better now, or will be. You know it's going to be fine when a loved one is in the hospital and I'm *****ing about not being able to watch a hockey game. :laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think the injuries are an excuse anymore, Horny and Comeau are the only 2 injuries for the pens(i don't count Maatta and Dupuis since they wouldn't be part of the team this year), its pretty normal for a team to have 1 or 2 players out of the lineup this time of year.

I don't think the Isles are going to have Grabovski and Visnovsky tonight, so that's 2 key players for there team that's out of the lineup.

Comeau 11G-8A
Horny 13G-16A

Grabovski 6G-8A
Visnovsky 3G-8A

They've been 2 pretty big cogs in the Pens wheel this year, my friend.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Comeau 11G-8A
Horny 13G-16A

Grabovski 6G-8A
Visnovsky 3G-8A

They've been 2 pretty big cogs in the Pens wheel this year, my friend.

Visnovsky is a def, you can't measure his value in points.

That would be like me saying

Despres 1g-11a

My point is the pens have 2 injuries right now, a top 6 winger and a top 9 winger, its pretty normal to have a couple injuries this time of year, earlier in the year when the pens were missing 6 or 7 players injuries were a legit excuse, having 2 players out of your lineup isn't an excuse unless those 2 players are like Sid and Geno.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Doesn't look like I'll be able to watch this one. But I agree with the sentiment that this game is about as good of a measuring stick as you'll find in the regular season. This is a team that has sort of been giving the Penguins fits in recent years. It would be very, very nice to smack them back down a peg or two. But I don't see this being that kind of game. Should be extremely closely contested.

I just hope the Penguins come out on the other end with their health and two points. In that order.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think the Isles have the edge over the pens 5 on 5, the pens advantage is special teams, pens need to draw powerplays and score on the PP.

Those back to back games earlier this year they weren't many PP opportunities, if that happens again its a big advantage for the Isles IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad