Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Islanders (Friday March 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
I'd even rest them against Philly on Sunday. Don't need those idiots like Rinaldo and Schenn running around headhunting, especially if we're winning and about to snuff out the Flyers' last real shot at making a playoff push.
Yep, could definitely see the Flyers tyring to pull some late shenanigans especially if its clear the Pens are going to win.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I blame Barrasso for a ton.

He was good when we won the Cup, but he turned into nothing more than a flopper after that.

Awful against the Isles in '93
Awful against Florida in '96
Awful against the Habs in '98 (Remember Brunet's Volek like goal in game 1?)
Awful against the Leafs in '99

I put the blame squarely on Barrasso for this franchise not having at least 1 more Cup.

Eh let in bad goals but it was just as much the managements and other players fault. They were still playing like it was the 80s while the rest of the league trapped them to death. Remember Mario's "garage league" comments?

StoneColdFlower*

I cried when we lost that series. It was my first experience of being denied something that I had taken for granted.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If we win tonight and there's even slight twinges of pain from Geno's shoulder or Letang's lower body situation after practice tomorrow, I don't bother playing them this weekend. The Flyers are primed for goonery at this point. Their season is almost toast, we're leading the conference... all they can do at this point (since they're not likely to beat us) is hurt someone and take their toll that way. If we get a 3G lead, I'd even pull Sid and do this:

Bennett - Sutter - Neal
Kunitz - Jeffrey - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Kennedy

Just run 3 lines, alternating who centers the 3rd so Adams and Glass can give Kennedy and Vitale a rest every few shifts. **** Philly and their goonsquad.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA

He was good when we won the Cup, but he turned into nothing more than a flopper after that.

I put the blame squarely on Barrasso for this franchise not having at least 1 more Cup.

Well that's a bit harsh. Barrasso was easily runner up for the Conny Smyth the 2nd year if not both years. Garage league hockey was part of it but we got lazy vs the Isles. No reason they shoulda beat us in 7.

If we win tonight and there's even slight twinges of pain from Geno's shoulder or Letang's lower body situation after practice tomorrow, I don't bother playing them this weekend. The Flyers are primed for goonery at this point. Their season is almost toast, we're leading the conference... all they can do at this point (since they're not likely to beat us) is hurt someone and take their toll that way. If we get a 3G lead, I'd even pull Sid and do this:

Bennett - Sutter - Neal
Kunitz - Jeffrey - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Kennedy

Just run 3 lines, alternating who centers the 3rd so Adams and Glass can give Kennedy and Vitale a rest every few shifts. **** Philly and their goonsquad.

Ha ha, wouldn't mind this at all. But not likely to happen, both Geno and Tang want to play to much. It's an actual shame though we need to have this discussion. I am a bit afraid of what ECHL talent in NHL clothing Reinaldo might do, guys a ******* and has no business in the leauge but you can almost bet he'll run someone, NOT ENGO thats for darn suer, come Sunday.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Don't even get me started with Barrasso, him and Wregget must have been the worse duo ever for goalies that kept winning thanks to the rest of the team

He was fast to hide in the net after giving up a crap goal in Florida scared of being hit in the head by rats!!!

And against the Habs, losing to Andy freaking Moog who couldn't even move anymore but still outplayed by him. And Brunet eve got a penalty shot if i'm not mistaking which Barrasso made him look like Mario:shakehead

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Well that's a bit harsh. Barrasso was easily runner up for the Conny Smyth the 2nd year if not both years. Garage league hockey was part of it but we got lazy vs the Isles. No reason they shoulda beat us in 7.

Ha ha, wouldn't mind this at all. But not likely to happen, both Geno and Tang want to play to much. It's an actual shame though we need to have this discussion. I am a bit afraid of what ECHL talent in NHL clothing Reinaldo might do, guys a ******* and has no business in the leauge but you can almost bet he'll run someone, NOT ENGO thats for darn suer, come Sunday.

True but at the same time he was absolutely terrible in that game 7 and was never able to shut the door but that's just me maybe cause I've never been a big fan of his or Wregget's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad