Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Islanders (Friday March 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camper*

This has little to do with the game but I forgot to mention it in the post game thread: I loved how loud our home crowd was the other day. Loudest I've heard it in a regular season game in quite a long time. That 4 minute pk followed by the Niskanen goal was a snapshot of why I love hockey. I think if anyone went to their first hockey game that night at Console they are gonna be hooked for life because that was such an awesome moment.

I hope we can continue the streak not only because winning is awesome but because our home crowd is really getting into the games lately and that noise is something our team can feed off of and we have a bunch more home games coming up after this road game.

Not only that but the Flyers are up next at home, and with that being hopefully Geno's first home game in a while and hopefully the streak still going, the crowd is gonna be friggin pumped.

But the team can't overlook this one. Isles are fighting hard for a playoff spot, and we embarrassed them the last time out. This will be a hard fought game.

:shakehead their fragile right now..no identity..no one knows their roles,coaching has stiffed em...he likes playing his midget AHL players....he played Martin 7 mins against Ottawa..and they ran all over our little guys...why?.. he filled the line out with goons and defeated his own purpose..he took the NHL's top hitter off the ice and toi. Good luck...ya never know..but this might not be pretty.:amazed:

slovakfan*

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 38s

Malkin and letang won't play.
:puppy:

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 38s

Malkin and letang won't play.
:puppy:

vader.jpg

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
Vokoun in net tonight. Tanger and Geno still day-to-day, but Cooke will play tonght!

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
Cooke will play tonight. Vokoun starting in net, per coach Bylsma #Pens

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Vokoun in net tonight. Tanger and Geno still day-to-day, but Cooke will play tonght!

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
Cooke will play tonight. Vokoun starting in net, per coach Bylsma #Pens

Good news regarding Cookie

Would be nice to see Geno and Tang come back against the Flyers Sunday to spank them!

Let's go Pens, keep the streak going :yo:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The 20th anniversary of that is coming up in May. The Islanders haven't won a playoff series since that one.

I will never forget that. I was so sure when we tied the game it was all over come OT. Was so ****ing pissed that night(I believe it was a Friday night) weekend and especially seeing the Habs just push the Islanders away easily. Stupid Barrasso, I still blame him so weak goals that game

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I will never forget that. I was so sure when we tied the game it was all over come OT. Was so ****ing pissed that night(I believe it was a Friday night) weekend and especially seeing the Habs just push the Islanders away easily. Stupid Barrasso, I still blame him so weak goals that game

I blame Barrasso for a ton.

He was good when we won the Cup, but he turned into nothing more than a flopper after that.

Awful against the Isles in '93
Awful against Florida in '96
Awful against the Habs in '98 (Remember Brunet's Volek like goal in game 1?)
Awful against the Leafs in '99

I put the blame squarely on Barrasso for this franchise not having at least 1 more Cup.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Smart move no reason to rush anybody back when you got a 12 point lead in your division.

I'd even rest them against Philly on Sunday. Don't need those idiots like Rinaldo and Schenn running around headhunting, especially if we're winning and about to snuff out the Flyers' last real shot at making a playoff push.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Good rest them as much as possible. Hopefully this shows they are looking more to the playoffs than just padding a win streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille