Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Islanders (Friday March 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
I'm fine with Letang sitting a few games to get fully healthy but I really hope we get to see the Bennett-Malkin-Neal line together on Friday. Looks good so far, would be nice to have two dangerous scoring lines again!

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hoping they win, never know which Islander team shows up though. If the Pens do win, then it sets up an epic game with Philly with the streak on the line and the game at home. If they can beat them at home it can twist the knife, keep them further out of the playoff picture and put this rivalry to bed for the season. Flyers will be well rested though.

lornloxor

Jul 13, 2011
From reddit, the Pens' site sure picked a good picture :laugh:

Le9y38p.jpg

slovakfan*

NYI played game yesterday against Montreal. they lost 2:5.

What you need to do with this guys is keep them under constant pressure.
Don't zombie walk 10, 20 minutes or so because they can bite you.

I HOPE Geno is really back!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I hope Geno is back and he's out of his trance that he's been in for a couple months. He needs to come back and get going early. Hopefully he gets in his groove, and we're rolling as the playoffs come.

I guess Niskanen is on the 1st unit instead of Letang because of his RH shot. I´m fine with that, the thing is that Malkin´s probably playing. PMart will solidify 2nd unit.

Letang is a right handed shot too...

Niskanen is on the 1st unit instead of Letang because Letang sucks on the powerplay.

StoneColdFlower*

The Isles can play with any team. It's never a guarantee win. You have to on them quick.

We're still heavy favourites in this one. We're more talented, deeper, hotter, and better rested.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This has little to do with the game but I forgot to mention it in the post game thread: I loved how loud our home crowd was the other day. Loudest I've heard it in a regular season game in quite a long time. That 4 minute pk followed by the Niskanen goal was a snapshot of why I love hockey. I think if anyone went to their first hockey game that night at Console they are gonna be hooked for life because that was such an awesome moment.

I hope we can continue the streak not only because winning is awesome but because our home crowd is really getting into the games lately and that noise is something our team can feed off of and we have a bunch more home games coming up after this road game.

Not only that but the Flyers are up next at home, and with that being hopefully Geno's first home game in a while and hopefully the streak still going, the crowd is gonna be friggin pumped.

But the team can't overlook this one. Isles are fighting hard for a playoff spot, and we embarrassed them the last time out. This will be a hard fought game.

slovakfan*

This has little to do with the game but I forgot to mention it in the post game thread: I loved how loud our home crowd was the other day. Loudest I've heard it in a regular season game in quite a long time. That 4 minute pk followed by the Niskanen goal was a snapshot of why I love hockey. I think if anyone went to their first hockey game that night at Console they are gonna be hooked for life because that was such an awesome moment.

I hope we can continue the streak not only because winning is awesome but because our home crowd is really getting into the games lately and that noise is something our team can feed off of and we have a bunch more home games coming up after this road game.

Not only that but the Flyers are up next at home, and with that being hopefully Geno's first home game in a while and hopefully the streak still going, the crowd is gonna be friggin pumped.

But the team can't overlook this one. Isles are fighting hard for a playoff spot, and we embarrassed them the last time out. This will be a hard fought game.

I hope they keep in mind what you saiid. last season I bet on pens and they lost against nyi, twice. twice in a row...

I hope this year Pens will not underestimate them and they will keep in mind that they are fighting for play off spot.

I don't want to see someone mentioning
easy win here... if I see it comming from fans, I can imagine something similar is in players heads. FORGET on easy win. play hard.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope this will help my bet today :)
But **** happens. like yesterda's 40 saves by Lethonen and GWG by 41 yo Jagr.. :p:

Man they were dominated, too. It was ridiculous. I have Kari in fantasy and was shocked to see him pull that out.

slovakfan*

nyi fans feel oportunity since Pens are not in playoff rush Luke them.

IHOPE Pens can really beat them today.
but can be this a factor in their favor? how many Pens fans do you expect in Nassau colliseum?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Feels like a trap game but I've felt like that since about game 5 of this streak, so who knows. I don't think anyone expects easy wins against the Islanders anymore, they always seem to play well against the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille