TSN: Pens Interested in Plekanec

Jan 21, 2018
Just trade for Bozak + JVR and reunite them with Kessel. Automatic 3rd straight cup.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Ehhh wouldn’t hate it if it’s just a 2nd. But I would hate to regret not pointing up for Brassard

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Plek @50% for a second to the pens

Yeah, this is what I'd expect. Some Penguins fans have reservations with Plekanec, but I think he'd be a very good fit on the 3rd line with Kessel. So many people want a Sheahan caliber player who can kill penalties and mesh with Kessel, that is literally what Plekanec is. He's a former top-6 playmaking center who's really strong defensively, that is exactly the kind of center I think would work well with Kessel.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The question is who are the Penguins not interested in? They seem to be targeting a lot of centers (Letestu, Brassard, Plekanec etc)

Reactions: Pens x

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The question is who are the Penguins not interested in? They seem to be targeting a lot of centers (Letestu, Brassard, Plekanec etc)

I actually don't think they're interested in Letestu, I think Friedman said that the Penguins don't think Letestu is better than what they have already. But yeah, they're in on Brassard, Plekanec, Grabner and Soderberg as far as I can tell.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
He would be real useful for you guys. I'd do anything including a 2nd.

How is Aston-Reese? Can he play C in the NHL? How would you value him?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't think ZAR is super untouchable or anything but I'm not sure they'd be looking to move him at this point either. He's got 4-1-5 in 8 NHL games and he's been filling in at the front of the net on the PP while Hornqvist is hurt. If the Pens can't manage to re-sign Hornqvist they might have Aston-Reese in mind as his replacement.

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh

They have basically only been linked to centers and grabner. They aren’t interested in any defenseman or any wingers that aren’t grabner.

As for Plekanec, as the great Randy Jackson once said, that’s gonna be a no from me dawg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad