Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Besides Hextall praising the coaching staff on Madden as Emp stated, I also heard a little of Madden’s interview with Burke and he also emphatically stated that he thinks Sullivan is an excellent coach, he likes all the assistants, and he sees NO ISSUE at all with the coaching staff....lol

Well they haven’t even seen them coach a game yet as mgmt, so that stands to reason.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You guys ain't gonna win a thing with Hexy. Have a good luck.

He's afraid to bring up young talent so once those old washed up oldsters fall off of the cliff completely you're in big trouble.

Honestly we ain't winning anything anyway so I'll embrace letting the guy who assaults dudes with a goalie stick run the franchise.

Excited now.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@BHD to @Randy Butternubs @HandshakeLine @Tom Hanks @BlindWillyMcHurt
"Don't cross the streams, it would be really bad..."

0f9dcf2e86b611f5e8d9c42446a5dd18.gif

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I mean Sullivan has already said "I don't have a relationship with either and I want to build one with them" is kinda telling in my opinion that he knows its crunch time for real now

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Remember all - we welcome all members to our boards because we love engaging in hockey talk. Flyers board actually has some stand up posters who know the game well. But if some are just trolling, simply report it. We will take care of it. We aren't the Caps board. We welcome guests, especially if they want to engage in hockey chat!

2) Report posts of our own who are trolling or flaming. Do not respond. We will take care of them.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Results matter so if we aren’t doing well the leash gets tighter and tighter.

They will have a big discussion about how Sully sees it, how can they help, what they see different etc etc

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
But what do you EXPECT him to say?

I’m not saying Sully definitely gets fired but to act like they wouldn’t be saying these things if they planned on firing him is silly. Remember when JR spouted out nothing but defense of JJ but was trying to trade him behind closed doors. It’s not an uncommon thing for people to come in and say nice things even if they plan on canning the guy

Reactions: KIRK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
@Empoleon8771 just replying here since the other thread got closed. It sounds like Hextall wants to not blow up the team but wants to start accumulating assets. To me that sounds like no major moves are likely but that trading mid tier players here and there for younger players/picks may be a route they'll take. That makes it sound like Hextall envisions more of a retool than a tear it down type scenario. To me that would mean keeping core players like Sid, Malkin, Letang and being willing to move other pieces for picks + assets.

Also funny that he didn't say anything nice about the goaltending but how could he lol. It's no secret they've been among the worst in the league. I think Jarry and Desmith are both capable of being much better, though. I'm down on them, but they've played better before.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
But what do you EXPECT him to say?

Literally going to be my point. Sully, I think, gets a pass as a two time a cup champion at least for a little while more to see if this organization can’t get back on track. If the Pens fired Sully now, they only have worse options in house, and risk making the situation worse.

The more I think about it, the biggest thing I can hope for this season is a few trades to shake up and challenge the locker room. Maybe getting a well respected vet and some hungry young players can do more for getting this team to play like a team than anything we can do during the season.

Reactions: Hungamania

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
1) Remember all - we welcome all members to our boards because we love engaging in hockey talk. Flyers board actually has some stand up posters who know the game well. But if some are just trolling, simply report it. We will take care of it. We aren't the Caps board. We welcome guests, especially if they want to engage in hockey chat!

2) Report posts of our own who are trolling or flaming. Do not respond. We will take care of them.
Caps board thread bans guests? you should be free to post wherever you want. I don't venture much there and if I did the rare time I just lurk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad