Post-Game Talk: Pens gone . Pick becomes better then when trade was made . Thoughts

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
MacT's farewell gift to us

Pens are out and we are drafting 16th

So Mact Trads maggs (who was taken 10th in 2009) and 2nd rounder for Perron and a 3rd

then trades Perron for Kink and the 16th pick in a very deep draft

while we are saying "don't hit your ass on the way out" we should also realize that we have a VERY good asset this off season because of him

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
no thanks to Letang.

He's got something wrong with him. If we could be assured of his long term health I would like the idea though

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This pick in this draft will go a long way to helping Chiarelli get some holes filled. Another good break for the organizations this week.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Love it. This week just keeps giving us gift after gift.
I say trade the pick but only for a top 4 Dman, don't just give it away and certainly don't deal it for a backup goalie like Talbot or Jones. In Chia We Trust.

Could have gone to the Rangers game tonight but had to work late unfortunately. Looks like I made the wrong decision. It would have been a cool atmosphere to be a part of.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
15th or 16th.

Beauty. To hell with the Pens.

Well, they may well trade for a good player. It has more value now. If not maybe it would be possible to move up or down depending on the players available. Hopefully, with the new management team in place, the scouting and development will be Bruins' level too.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Nice.

It will be a good a trade asset. Don't see a future where that pick gets made by the Oilers.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
A big reason it was easy to cheer for the Rangers.

Pretty great off season so far. Ever since Scrivens let that stinker in during overtime in game 82, things have been looking positive. Lol

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The pens suck.

Something seriously wrong going on there.

Evgeni Malkin - 5 games 0g 0a 0p -1

When a team's highest paid player doesn't bother to show up, hard to win a playoff series.

All the injured defensemen didn't help either, Taylor Chorney played every game :laugh:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A big reason it was easy to cheer for the Rangers.

Pretty great off season so far. Ever since Scrivens let that stinker in during overtime in game 82, things have been looking positive. Lol

Yeah, it's gone from complete apathy to complete ecstasy in less than a week.
This is bigger than The Miracle On Ice.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nice.

It will be a good a trade asset. Don't see a future where that pick gets made by the Oilers.

I really want us to trade it but if no one will give us value then it would be okay to use the pick.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
That pick really ties the room together.

oXa7DVp.jpg

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
The pens suck.

Something seriously wrong going on there.

Mediocre goaltending, stale atmosphere amongst the star players, no defence, limited offensive depth, management in flux.

I think they got to move one of Malkin or Sid... and you know they aren't trading 87 so yeah...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Evgeni Malkin - 5 games 0g 0a 0p -1

When a team's highest paid player doesn't bother to show up, hard to win a playoff series.

All the injured defensemen didn't help either, Taylor Chorney played every game :laugh:

Pretty sure he's been playing hurt for several weeks now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad