GDT: Pens Go Buffalo Hunting. Shooting Starts @7:00 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
In general, I don't think there is much difference between MM and Jarry with respect to how they stop the puck. Jarry best ability over MM is his stick handling, but with Dumo and Marino back, it isn't as essential any more. Even during MM's slumps this year, I believe the team still looked at him as being the playoff starter (you know, pedigree or what not). With it getting down to crunch time, they will probably give MM the bulk of the remaining games. Nothing wrong with this way of thinking, but keep in mind Holtby didn't start the playoffs for the Caps in 2018, so it isn't essential to have one #1 going into the playoffs.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I don't think we need to assume anything about who will get the majority of starts for the rest of the season based on Murray starting two games in a row. Sullivan could easily just want Jarry to start against the Capitals for the experience. It's not a big deal.

Reactions: Khelandros

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Murray won. He deserves the start.

People were just complaining about the back and forth.
IF that was the Standard Jarry has won a lot more and been totally shafted since before the All-Star break.

And way to shatter Jarry's momentum Sullivan.... so we now have zero goalies going right now.

Let's hope Matt Lalime has figured out how to be a high quality starter.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
IF that was the Standard Jarry has won a lot more and been totally shafted since before the All-Star break.

And way to shatter Jarry's momentum Sullivan.... so we now have zero goalies going right now.

Hey let's stop being melodramatic please.
If Murray flops then Jarry all the way. Be happy we have 2 goalies and honestly the save % is down this year on a shit ton of goalies

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Jarry’s won 2 more games all season.

Since January 1st, Murray has a better GAA and SV%. Murray also has the same amount of wins since that point.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Murray won. He deserves the start.

People were just complaining about the back and forth.

I think that's what we are back to: if you win, you're in

I've never ever questioned Sully's goalie selections because he's been money there. Not going to start it now.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Jarry’s won 2 more games all season.

Since January 1st, Murray has a better GAA and SV%.

MM has allowed 26 more goals while both have the same amount of saves. Stats are fun when you want to paint your own scenario.

For the record: I don't care much as to who starts this year. But I want to see TJ in the playoffs and realistically want our team to roll with him for the future to save on cap. I don't see team success varying much between the two.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
MM has allowed 26 more goals while both have the same amount of saves. Stats are fun when you want to paint your own scenario.

For the record: I don't care much as to who starts this year. But I want to see TJ in the playoffs and realistically want our team to roll with him for the future to save on cap. I don't see team success varying much between the two.

Jarry’s let 8 more since Jan 1st. Fact is Jarry lost his job because he didn’t outplay the starter over a two month period now.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Murray got fortunate that he happened to start in the game that the pens scored 7 goals.

Whichever goalie broke the losing streak was probably going to get a chance to start the next game.

The door is open for Murray to play more, we will see if he's able to take advantage of his opportunity.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Murray got fortunate that he happened to start in the game that the pens scored 7 goals.

Whichever goalie broke the losing streak was probably going to get a chance to start the next game.

The door is open for Murray to play more, we will see if he's able to take advantage of his opportunity.

Or Murray has been the marginally better goalie for two months now and is paid to be our team’s starter.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Jarry’s let 8 more since Jan 1st. Fact is Jarry lost his job because he didn’t outplay the starter over a two month period now.

Both goalies have been subpar of late...bc our defense fell off the wagon. It's reasonable to expect both goalies give us similar results when team defense is on point. SHOCKING thought.

Part of me hopes we trade Jarry and sign MM to a fat contract. The fall out would be comical when our depth takes a hit and our defense is lacking. Goalies are not worth much. The team in front of them dictate the majority....

Unless you think we have a Hasek or Roy on our hands. But the goalies we have are good when the team is good and average when the team is trash. The Pens are not setup to house a Vezina winner. We just need a guy to be solid. Pay for positional players.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Both goalies have been subpar of late...bc our defense fell off the wagon. It's reasonable to expect both goalies give us similar results when team defense is on point. SHOCKING thought.

Part of me hopes we trade Jarry and sign MM to a fat contract. The fall out would be comical when our depth takes a hit and our defense is lacking. Goalies are not worth much. The team in front of them dictate the majority....

Unless you think we have a Hasek or Roy on our hands. But the goalies we have are good when the team is good and average when the team is trash. The Pens are not setup to house a Vezina winner. We just need a guy to be solid. Pay for positional players.

Typical Penguins fans wishing for the team to succeed and not playing favorites.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Typical Penguins fans wishing for the team to succeed and not playing favorites.

I really should just care for individual players ..life would be easier.

I've said before for those that think I hate MM...in 3 years when TJ is up for a big contract and say Larmi shows starting caliber play. Guess who I'm siding with?

#Larmi Army 2023

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I hate goalies in general. Just f*** the lot of them

D1557CDF-F40C-4ECF-8B14-2A15F91896F2.gif

GOALIE

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Jarry has also faced 79 more shots than Murray, and his SV% is only .002 worse than Murrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad