GDT: Pens Go Buffalo Hunting. Shooting Starts @7:00 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Carter Hutton, since the 2016-17 season, is 5-1 against the Pens, with two shutouts and a .940 save %....just why?

No clue, man. Thought about this after their loss vs the Sabres last week.

Jobber goaltender Syndrome.
CD600E7F-0D61-422C-AD4C-454BED46D4AA.gif

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
There is going to be a number of fans in this thread/forum that will actively root for the Penguins to lose and for Buffalo to win simply because they are mad at JR for the Kahun trade.

It will be just as pathetic as the facebook fans who said they'd rather lose with Fleury than win with Murray.
put those fans on ignore please

as negative as i am all the time, i still want them to win, no trade will change that

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
There is going to be a number of fans in this thread/forum that will actively root for the Penguins to lose and for Buffalo to win simply because they are mad at JR for the Kahun trade.

It will be just as pathetic as the facebook fans who said they'd rather lose with Fleury than win with Murray.

I can't believe that. Not over a mid six player.

Any word on who starts in net tonight?
Murray

Oh..it's already posted lol

Reactions: Ginger Papa

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ffs Murray was piss poor last game and has been for a while now. Highway robbery not giving Jarry the start.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
maybe more to do with who's next up.
I hope so. It annoys me to no end that Jarry may get a shaft when he did nothing to lose that crease.

MM has sub 900 SV% last 4 games: .885, .857, .818 and .867
Jarry has sub 900 SV% 2 out of 4 last games he played: .844, .909, .808 and .944

I still dont trust Murray, and while team as whole sucked with 6 game losing streak, Jarry still played better than MM. Hope it is Jarry against WAS, and MM can take Canes, seeing how last game against WAS MM had his worst game of last 4.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I cannot believe after a 6 game losing streak, we held ground as we did. 4 points out and honestly safer from being out of the playoffs than i would have believed.

Pretty impressive and lucky.
It's a longshot, but with 1 game remaining vs the Flyers and 2 vs Washington, winning the division is still reasonably possible. Gotta get right and go get them.

BTW, the game vs Ottawa was our first in March. You know what that means right?

It's March of the Penguins Time!!!

march-of-the-penguins-2048x1151.jpg

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't see much difference on those save percentages

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Jarry has been very average lately, but so has Murray. This is a concern for me. Now they consider Murray a starter and he is likely gonna start in playoffs too. When in fact he is at 89,9% save percentage now. My biggest issue here is not Murray being the starter for this season BUT his contract. If they are ready to give him starting position now they might be ready to give him an awful contract too. God I hope not. But I am very scared.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I do agree Jarry did nothing to lose the net. That's 100 percent. But it was time to stop the alternating.
It's pretty simple. With a month to go, Sullivan is giving Murray the net and an opportunity to keep it. If he falters, he's out. I'd rather he put the pressure on him now to see how he responds, vs the first game of the playoffs. If Murray sucks over the next, say, 2 weeks, the net belongs to Jarry. Murs, as the incumbent, should get the first opportunity to lock down the cage.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
It's pretty simple. With a month to go, Sullivan is giving Murray the net and an opportunity to keep it. If he falters, he's out. I'd rather he put the pressure on him now to see how he responds, vs the first game of the playoffs. If Murray sucks over the next, say, 2 weeks, the net belongs to Jarry. Murs, as the incumbent, should get the first opportunity to lock down the cage.

That's all fine and dandy except these games mean a lot more now, after the losing streak. This is not the time to play ring around the rosey with the two goalies. Jarry has proven to be the better goalie and his stick-handling makes him extra helpful to the defense.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I do agree Jarry did nothing to lose the net. That's 100 percent. But it was time to stop the alternating.
And Murray did nothing to win the net. They have been both extremely average lately. In Murrays case even worse than average because he lost us that WSH game. Well, we will see, but god better save us from that awful contract.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad