+ if we lose he will be fired
also I like tuuurrtles

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
+ Home ice advantage has granted us the opportunity to lose game 7 at home in front of our own crowd, as boos rain down on Bylsma.

- No big mother's day stories to spark some emotions from the Pens.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
Yes fleury has been horrible. Pens have still one scored one goal per game in series clinching games; you aren't gonna win a series like that no matter who is in net; Crosby needs to step it up

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Obviously the Rangers' adjustments after game 4 have not been met with appropriate adjustments from our end. Sid just has to be injured, he's had bad streaks but never a lazy streak like this. Not encouraging to not even see a push from our guys in the 3rd.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
To those saying a new system wouldn't help, tell me why these same players were so good in 08 and 09? Just beginners luck ? No. This system has slowly destroyed our top guys. And now we finally see our best player look like a 4th liner. So has Crosby just peaked? 27 going into next season and will put up about 12 goals , 20 assists? No. These guys didn't suddenly get worse....it's the situation they were put in. It's spiraled out of control.

Again, all this talk about depth....we didn't really have that during our cup runs either. It looked that way because how good our stars were. It trickled down. However now that those same guys are about as half as good as they were, that lack of depth is showing. So unless people truly believe our stars are on the downside of their careers /few years left, it makes no sense to believe a new system wouldn't help.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
We need more wingers in their mid 30's, more straight line, one dimensional low IQ players and waiver pickups.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Had you told me in 2009 that I was witnessing the end, not the beginning...

No faith in anyone on this team.

That is precisely why the change cannot begin and end with Bylsma. Shero has to go too.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Usually game 6's away from home, this DB led squad does pretty well.
Not so this time around.

DB home playoff record since '09:
13W-15L

DB led squads in potential series clinchers at CEC:
2W-7L

Not looking good.

+We win and move on
+Potential for DB last game behind Pens bench

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Played well in 2 games this series, maybe you could say 3 games. That just isn't good enough. Like Montreal needing to win game 4, Pittsburgh needed to end it in 5, the set up afterwards was there for a failure for both, and so far looks like it is going to happen.

Had to have an incredible play from Malkin in game 5 to score a goal, and tonight they needed the Rags to score on themselves. Just pathetic all around.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
Usually game 6's away from home, this DB led squad does pretty well.
Not so this time around.

DB home playoff record since '09:
13W-15L

DB led squads in potential series clinchers at home:
2W-7L

Not looking good.

+We win and move on
+Potential for DB last game behind Pens bench

Needs to be repeated. This is just embarrassing, and frankly unacceptable.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
They need to do a Bylsma sucks chant if we get outplayed this game... it needs to happen... Cheer sid, cheer fluery, cheer adams for all I care, but Boooooooo that worthless pretender

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
I really am hoping for a game 7 loss. If they win DB ans Shero will get another free pass to waste more years of Sid and Geno's careers.

I think Sid is wasting a year of his own career.......he's getting 10mil to have 1 more goal these playoffs than I do. Malkin is the only one with the right to be pissed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
+This is just a meaningless loss in November. You can't expect them to win them all.

+Me being indifferent because I expected this sort of thing based on, well, pretty much the entire season plus no changes last off-season.

-It's actually May and the playoffs have started. I'm not sure the Pens are aware of this.

-Me being fed up with Bylsma and Shero and the mess they've made. If changes aren't made this off-season, screw the entire organization.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
This series has become a microcosm of Fleury's career. Shakey start, brief period of glory, and then steady descent into mediocrity. Game 7 is going to require the Pens win 1-0. Anyone wanna bet Fleury doesn't get a shutout? Its probably the safest bet in sports.

Regardless.. i've seen this team win with worse goaltending from him. Tonight they were lazy, careless, confused.. like a bunch of guys playing together for the first time. No one seemed to know where their linemates were. So many wasted shifts with errant passes to empty areas. The hustle came and went with very little prompt.

The powerplay continues to be a grind to watch. I guess letting Niskannen take all the shots makes sense to someone. Let Neal, Kunitz, Crosby, and Malkin stand by and watch. I'm sure stopping those limp Niskannen shots is in Lundqvists muscle memory by now.. hes seen it about 1000 times this series.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Well that does it for me. Win or lose Tuesday, I really could care less. There are more potential positives to be had if we lose, so that's what I think I'll hope for.

This is such a gutless arrogant organization, just like Torts said. Instead of saying to start with our stars though, he should have said to start with our owner, and just keep working down.

Firing Bylsma isn't nearly enough. A new coach isn't going to change anything. Shero needs to go too. Mario needs to seriously figure out whether he wants to own a legitimate Cup contending franchise, or if he wants to sip win with his pinky in the air and rake in cash like Bob Nutting.

Sid is my favorite player in the league, but I've lost a ton of respect for him these playoffs. He's played well in 2 games. 2. If Ovechkin did that he'd be crucified.

I hope Fleury was taking some notes watching Lundquist tonight. That's what a real ****ing goalie looks like, 'flower'.

Everyone else, save Geno and Gibbons, can go **** themselves silly tonight.

CrozJawz*

Game 7 is just a formality now. Just a way for the Pens to get on the ice one last time to salute the fans that inexplicably stood by them this year.

One last night of revenue for the owners because ultimately that is all they care about.

It was a good series guys. **** year. Nothing about this year was good save for the emergence of Maatta.

And the really *****y part? After the handshakes Tuesday, when the Pens raise their sticks at center ice to "salute" the fans, those morons will cheer and clap as loud as ever.

People should be at Consol on Tuesday with ****ing bags on their heads and booing those ****ers from the puck drop. As long as the morons with the fat wallets keep shelling out big money to watch this circus on ice, nothing will change. I want to start seeing empty seats all over the arena to send the ****ing message that fans won't tolerate this garbage anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad