Post-Game Talk: Pens get outplayed|going to game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
Man am I glad I quit watching early. I just can't even deal with this team anymore :laugh:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I really am hoping for a game 7 loss. If they win DB ans Shero will get another free pass to waste more years of Sid and Geno's careers.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Lundqvist is in a zone, find it hard we beat him..

Pens are so soft.. This could be the softest Pens team ever. They don't play physical at all and if they do win game 7 will take a beating from Boston.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anyone else holding back for fear of infractions... because I know if I said what I really feel about this season the interweb may melt from the intense hatred

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Keeping Shero himself is inexcusable.

He has already watched his Chosen Ones of Orpik, Fleury, Bylsma, Letang, etc fail in the same way repeatedly as well as blowing a previous series lead of 3-1, something which rarely happens, without doing anything about it.

He has failed to acquire his top centers legit complementary wingers.

He made a team with a system predicated on speed as slow as he possibly could before the 2013 playoffs. He acquired a hall of fame right winger and did nothing to enforce him playing right wing, and then rewarded his coach for failing in his usage: tacit approval of said usage.

He has failed all around. He doesn't know how to build a winner. He doesn't know how to build around his superstar centers. He thinks Scuderi and Eaton are better to have than Despres.

He should go down with the ship, not scapegoat Bylsma. He already had his chance to do that and chose against it. Rallied against it. Championed Bylsma to Mario with a magnificent Powerpoint presentation (like a total corporate noob, ready to stand up there and read it word for word with a patented Bylsma stutter and slurp). He needs to go.

"Through 2013, teams have trailed 3-1 in a best-of-seven series 264 times. Only 25 times has the trailing team comeback to win the series." -http://www.puckreport.com/2009/04/nhl-playoff-comebacks-trailing-3-1.html

We're about to do it twice in 4 years.

How is that NOT a firing? It is complete, total, and utter failure and this time he doesn't get to boohoo about having 2 superstars out that he sets up to fail when they're in anyway.

I'm freakin' giddy I didn't watch this regular season and am emotionally divorced from this for a year now, and can just watch this playoffs play out with sheer bemusement instead of the misery of a fan. I'll save that for when management is cleaned out and Mario shows he gives a damn about winning and decides to install a coach and GM who run a system and acquire personnel meant for playoff hockey, but I won't hold my breath for the guy who ran Scotty Bowman out of town, setting up the 0-fer Cups for the rest of his career.

I have no idea if you feel better now, but know that at least one person here says MONEY.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I like that they at least showed some passion, they're pissed off tonight. Good, they should be.

I like that Kunitz is stepping in for Crosby tonight, but that CANNOT ONLY happen when he's frustrated and things are going terribly for him. He has to do that even when everything is honkey dory and he's scoring goals. That's part of the job description. Too often, however, Kunitz gets the 'star' treatment on this team, instead of meat and potatoes.

Kunitz either needs to rediscover what got him onto the top line in the first place, or be replaced by someone who will do that job instead.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Team is full of mental midgets. Embarrassing, Just like in 2011 against Tampa.

Only pluses tonight go to Goc, Gibbons, Vitale, Martin, and Malkin. Everyone else was complete ass.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Game 7 is just a formality now. Just a way for the Pens to get on the ice one last time to salute the fans that inexplicably stood by them this year.

One last night of revenue for the owners because ultimately that is all they care about.

It was a good series guys. **** year. Nothing about this year was good save for the emergence of Maatta.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Nothing but positives are going to come after game 7.

Win, they advance. Lose, and there's some HUGE shakeups coming.

And before we start putting it on Sid and Geno, Sid especially in deserving blame, try and think to yourselves where this malaise comes from.

StelioKontos

May 6, 2010
Regina, SK
We definitely could have played better, however we had our chances. One goalie made the saves he needed to, the other didn't. Imagine it will be the same in Game 7.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I thought it would go 7 before the series started. I fully expected the Rangers to win tonight. You're not going to win every road game in a series very often. The Pens had a better chance of winning game 5 but unfortunately they came out and played that game like the series was already over. It gave the Rangers some life and belief. I think the Pens will still find a way to win in game 7 but shame on them if they don't.

Fleury needs to go though. He always has and still does let in the worst most deflating goals I've ever seen.

necessaryroughness

Jun 1, 2008
New Jersey
Ah, hot goalie excuse!

Keep em coming, what's next???

Hot goalie?? that's one of the best goaltenders in the game son....he doesn't give up cheap goals like fleury, ryan miller, etc. etc.

On a serious note though, big Game 7 for Lundquist's legacy gets a lot of heat here in the NY area as he hasn't won the cup or made the finals....doesn't have that signature playoff series win but this would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad