Proposal: Pens - Detroit

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Just making things up about Brassard.

Trending Downwards? He had 46 points in 72 games. 40 of those at 5v5.

Lol at calling him a 35 point 3C.

He's a clear 2C.

It's all and all a terrible deal for both teams. Pens say no rather easily. As do the Wings.
Actually, he has 46 pts...over last TWO seasons, in 76 games...Nice try making him look better than he actually is, which is a tweener 3C/low-end 2c. The prior year he had a whopping 39pts in 81 gms for a good Sens team when they went to the ECF!

He was a average 2c in NYR in '14-'16, which was when he was decent.

You contradicted your own post (#12 in this thread vs #25)...saying it was awful for Pens, then later switched it to awful for both teams! And, No, the Pens would take this & run, the entire hockey universe knows it, so admit it or not, I don't care.

How is an aging Brassard gonna hit 45 pts. on a lottery team getting harder QoC% & DZS%, if that's all he can muster on an offensive powerhouse like the Pens?

He isn't the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, get out of the time machine you've built up in your mind. Ken Holland laughs & hangs up on Rutherford.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Actually, he has 46 pts...over last TWO seasons, in 76 games...Nice try making him look better than he actually is, which is a tweener 3C/low-end 2c. The prior year he had a whopping 39pts in 81 gms for a good Sens team when they went to the ECF!

He was a average 2c in NYR in '14-'16, which was when he was decent.

You contradicted your own post (#12 in this thread vs #25)...saying it was awful for Pens, then later switched it to awful for both teams! And, No, the Pens would take this & run, the entire hockey universe knows it, so admit it or not, I don't care.

How is an aging Brassard gonna hit 45 pts. on a lottery team getting harder QoC% & DZS%, if that's all he can muster on an offensive powerhouse like the Pens?

He isn't the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, get out of the time machine you've built up in your mind. Ken Holland laughs & hangs up on Rutherford.

He had 46 points last year in 72 games. What are you reading?

And again, 40 of those point were at 5v5. He's scoring at 5v5 like a low end 1C.

Lmao dude.

As a Penguin with little PP time, Brassard has 13 points in 18 games....

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Helm had 30+ 5v5 pts. like a 2c, & more than some 1c's, go look at the list of C's with 30+ 5v5 pts, you'll see some good players on there.

You're calling Brassard a 3C when he just had a 51 point pace year, mostly on a bad Sens team.

You're so out to lunch.

Anyway. None of the pieces from the Wings help the Pens more than Brassard does. He just needs to stay healthy.

trade makes no sense for the Wings as Brassard is a UFA.

trade makes no sense for the Pens to make, as they have no 3C. And Brassard is the best player in the deal. If AA was a C, it would make sense for the Pens.

Calling back to back 60 point seasons with the Rangers "average 2C" production is also funny.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Firstly, I said "tweener 3c/low end 2c". 50pts. on Pens=35-40 on a lottery team. How can you not see that? 60pts=2C production, unless you're Bergeron/Kopitar/prime Toews. 70pts+=1c production.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
What's with fans approaching a rebuilding team and asking for their best young players in exchange for leftovers and castoffs?

I'm tempted to make a PSA thread:

Larkin, Bertuzzi, AA, Mantha, Rasmussen and Cholowski are not available. Just don't ask; we do not want to trade these players.

Well that is extremely short sighted and you don’t speak for the Wings or their fans. Those guys are ALL available for the right price.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Brassard & Sprong For Athanasiou and Helm and Detroit 2nd round pick in 2019

What do you guys think?

Detroit is giving up way too much and I'm a Pens fan. Sprong has zero value and Brassard is a pending UFA. Makes zero sense.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Why does Pittsburgh want Helm?

You have been around long enough to know that ideas on this board aren't thought out exactly. Like this idea from a detroit perspective. Why would Detroit want Brassard and Sprong?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To call Brassard a tweener 2C/3C either shows you have no idea who you're talking about or you have no idea what an actual 2C/3C is. He's pretty firmly in the 2C range at this point, any team that has him as a 3C has absurd center depth.

To the original proposal, Helm's contract kills this deal instantly, so no dice. Sprong+ for Athanasiou is really interesting, but I'd be scared of what that plus is.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Well that is extremely short sighted and you don’t speak for the Wings or their fans. Those guys are ALL available for the right price.

Well if you want to be overly technical, nobody on Detroit’s roster is truly untouchable.

I’m reality, Nobody is going to offer enough for a trade to actually make sense.

While a trade of sprong plus a good pick could be fine value for a guy like AA it’s counterintuitive to what Detroit is doing and doesn’t make much sense.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ew.

Awful for the Pens. Lose the best player and take Helm's contract.

Sheahan would become our 3C...

We need Brassard.

I'm disappointed that everybody let this slip by without shaming you for this take.

Neither Brassard nor Sprong is near AA's level or value.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
To the original proposal, Helm's contract kills this deal instantly, so no dice. Sprong+ for Athanasiou is really interesting, but I'd be scared of what that plus is.

The plus would be somebody with actual value. Detroit's not in a position to trade assets for packages. If they're gonna trade assets it's going to be as part of a package for a greater asset. (Reading between the lines, a high end defender)

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm disappointed that everybody let this slip by without shaming you for this take.

Neither Brassard nor Sprong is near AA's level or value.

Never said they were.

Well. Brassard is the better player. But not as valuable because he is older and a UFA.

It's terrible for both teams. We have no C after Brassard who can play 3C well. AA is a winger, we don't need him. We need Brassard way way more.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Never said they were.

Well. Brassard is the better player. But not as valuable because he is older and a UFA.

It's terrible for both teams. We have no C after Brassard who can play 3C well. AA is a winger, we don't need him. We need Brassard way way more.

Brassard is not better than AA, lol. And in terms of value they're not even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Brassard is not better than AA, lol. And in terms of value they're not even in the same stratosphere.

What proof is there that AA is better lmao?

Brassard is a 45-50 point 2C

AA is, so far a 35-40 point speedy winger. With good potential.

Anyway. If Brassard was signed, hed easily be more valuable, better player and plays C.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What proof is there that AA is better lmao?

Brassard is a 45-50 point 2C

AA is, so far a 35-40 point speedy winger. With good potential.

Anyway. If Brassard was signed, hed easily be more valuable, better player and plays C.

Athanasiou is currently at .75PPG this season, with his most common linemate being Frans Nielsen.

Brassard, since joining PIT, has 17 points in 34 games and was playing mostly with Kessel last year and Crosby this year.

This is not even comparable.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I don't know why i read these sometimes.

No need to insult Brassard
No need to insult AA.

The proposal just seems to not understand the position of EITHER team:

Det: Rebuilding.
So... we are not paying draft picks.
2 we will trade Helm, but if we cant, we just hold onto him forever, we wont be paying to remove his contract, we don't need the money with all our expensive guys retiring.
We would only trade a young player like AA for another young player. So Sprong was at least a meaningful addition. We would however prefer a D man.

Pit: Competing
So... they do not need cap dumps (no exceptions).
they would be willing to pay out draft picks to win the trade
they should not be giving up useful veterans (Brassard)

I don't see an older player on Detroit Pittsburgh would want except maybe Nyquist.
I obviously see why someone would want AA. (I do think Detroit management is willing to move AA)(for the right return)

Reactions: SEALBound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad