Post-Game Talk: Pens decide to walk through a Hurricane holding on to knives and grenades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
One thing I'd like to see the Pens curtail is the back passes in the neutral zone. Everything should be North. If it's not going to be a clean zone entry, just flip it in and go after it. We need to play with pace, and the constant regrouping just eliminates any pace from our game as the Pens have to stop and wait for the puck to come back up the ice.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Watching this game...

PQDyRmTfizgtLIPU3Opg_Z9hTMUc.gif

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It is weirdly getting to that point where their effort is not worth my investment in time. That rarely rarely rarely has ever been a thing. But time is valuable. And boy...if this is the weekend effort? I'll spend weekends elsewhere.

I know quite a few of us went from "I love this team!" to "Oh God what am I watching???"

I don't think Sid is anywhere close to 100%. Sully has by all accounts tried to stay positive all season, but it is time to rip them a new one. He should do the same to the coaching staff and then he should hear it from Mario

MurryTheMan

Mar 7, 2020
I blame Murray and his 6 goals today, was horrible, let in easy pucks all game long, let's go with Jarry, he is the man, suckers

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
So everyone always says about Sid that he leads by example ! OK how has he played during the 2-8 streak ?? & how has the team played?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
:laugh: I went afk when we were up 2-1 and finished ripping out all the cabinets and counter top I was supposed to do yesterday. Guess this one's on me.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is weirdly getting to that point where their effort is not worth my investment in time. That rarely rarely rarely has ever been a thing. But time is valuable. And boy...if this is the weekend effort? I'll spend weekends elsewhere.

This team isn't the same, and will take time to gel.

5 totally different forwards added whether it be trade or back from injury. An the defense has been a mixed bag all season.

Just nothing to bring them together without time. Worst time of the year for this to happen considering the scale of the competition the rest of the season.

Reactions: Andy99

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Wow after yesterday’s “effort”, to turn in this one, I got nuthin’.

SO disappointing how easily they seem to slip back into last year’s Don’t Give a Sh-t mode.

WTH is with the team leaders at this point?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ at least the coronavirus might end the season early so our PO ouster won’t matter, and we won’t have to witness the Flyers or Caps hoisting the Cup...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know @ColePens, watching that last half assed backcheck just reinforces my 'this is mental' thing. Him. And Sid too at other times. They were born to attack and to dictate. Think of how short handed this team was. And, again . . . Jake-Geno-Rust . . . when didn't Geno attack all over the ice? Either you stack this top 6 or you move on from Geno. Because watching this **** of seeing Sid and Geno being set up to fail and then failing is just painful.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
To think of where they were in December and of what was possible. When Sid returned. When JR worked his magic.

That's the most frustrating part.

As noted, I think the biggest issue right now is as an organization they need to decide who they want to be.

Building around diluted Sid and Geno lines, as if they were 10 years younger in the way the league was 5 years ago, isn't the answer. It's so clear right now, and you could see it also when you saw what was possible with Jake-Geno-Rust on this injury depleted team three months ago.

So, either you accept the disappointment that will come from the diluted lines approach or, as an organization, you accept that Sid and Geno were born to attack and you do one of two things:

1. Build a stacked top 6 around Sid and Geno and trust them to set the tone and disguise a lot of weaknesses.

OR

2. Trade Geno.

That's not some drama play. It's just acceptance that given their ages and the way the league is now, you either build around Sid and Geno or you end the Sid and Geno era, because this 'dilute the top 6 for some faux quest for balance' approach isn't the end either of them deserve.

You COULD do that, if we weren't desperate to give money to the likes of Pettersson, Schultz, Johnson, whatever goalie we give money to. And even Tanev who is rapidly turning into a pumpkin.

LosingStreak06

Dec 11, 2017
You gotta hand it to the team for hanging on until the very last moment and then completely falling apart as soon as it became too late in the season to enact major changes to right the ship

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This team isn't the same, and will take time to gel.

5 totally different forwards added whether it be trade or back from injury. An the defense has been a mixed bag all season.

Just nothing to bring them together without time. Worst time of the year for this to happen considering the scale of the competition the rest of the season.

Marleau, Rodrigues, Zucker and Sheary have been our best forwards during this streak outside of Malkin offensively.

This is on Sid tbh. And Sullivan. He is coaching the roster around Sid. Not coaching a team and the fact he doesn’t get it is infuriating.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And to anyone who references my 'how can you stack the top 6, you'll have holes', one start might be not allocating 8.5M to a third pairing that brings as much to the table on a good day as Riikola-Ruh.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
If they don’t care, why should I?

I watched 2 of the 6 periods this weekend and had a great weekend.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
This team is horrible and destined to lose in embarrassing fashion to the Flyers.

Everyone today was shit.

The 2017 crew is gonna bring their pitchforks out for TJ today, who wasn't good. But they'll totally not mention that it was a 1 goal game for 50 min and not 16 in like yesterday. I'm sure MM will beat the Devs next game and everyone will declare him fixed like they did after OTT and BUF. TjJ it the better goalie and Sully needs to play him.

I hope you stretched before you made this post.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
It’s a demoralized group. You got guys on the 3rd, 4th lines hanging on Sid and Geno’s coattails. Sid is playing bad. He isn’t the same player. Malkin has been great this season but yikes he’s playing with a 40 year old and Jack Johnson. My God, did you see all the extended shifts for him due to defenseman icings? And 71 is all in his head now. He’s back to 2018 in terms of who he’s playing with. I see effort but he’s on an island and the d pair is sinking him. He played an awful 1st though.

The only solution to this clusterf*** is stack Malkin’s line. He was dominating. Now he is not. Telling him to TRy harDer isn’t working.

Put Tanev with Crosby and Hornqvist. Zucker and Rust on line 1 with Malkin. Go back to what worked for three months.

Sullivan is watching the Titanic sink and is a bystander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad