Post-Game Talk: Pens decide to walk through a Hurricane holding on to knives and grenades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What a disgusting effort. Absolutely disgusting. About 20 giveaways legit in the game. 20... PP1 much of the same.

I don't really have much to say. The players should be embarrassed. 5-0 lead on Toronto. We take the lead in the Metro. We are playing like Cup contenders. We fall to a 2-8. That is 100% on the entire organization. Whatever it was in that room, take ownership. If you all got cocky because you thought you were going to win a Cup... get over it. If you are a passenger in this... get over it.

Everyone in the organization - take ownership. Everyone.

Mod Warning up front: If you are frustrated and you take it out on a peer, you will be banned. Don't get frustrated at your peer. Get frustrated at the players on that ice and the organization.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol this team is booty. Like I just have to laugh at it at this point. This team has absolutely and utterly collapsed. Zucker and Sheary are literally the only 2 players I feel at least okay about right now. Defense sucks. Jarry's showing that he's just another flash in the pan, going with him as the starting goalie going forward would be a massive mistake, and I'm not sure Murray is any better. The bottom-6 isn't doing anything. The core isn't doing anything.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
200.gif

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This team is horrible and destined to lose in embarrassing fashion to the Flyers.

Everyone today was shit.

The 2017 crew is gonna bring their pitchforks out for TJ today, who wasn't good. But they'll totally not mention that it was a 1 goal game for 50 min and not 16 in like yesterday. I'm sure MM will beat the Devs next game and everyone will declare him fixed like they did after OTT and BUF. TjJ it the better goalie and Sully needs to play him.

Reactions: dlowry81

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
To think of where they were in December and of what was possible. When Sid returned. When JR worked his magic.

That's the most frustrating part.

As noted, I think the biggest issue right now is as an organization they need to decide who they want to be.

Building around diluted Sid and Geno lines, as if they were 10 years younger in the way the league was 5 years ago, isn't the answer. It's so clear right now, and you could see it also when you saw what was possible with Jake-Geno-Rust on this injury depleted team three months ago.

So, either you accept the disappointment that will come from the diluted lines approach or, as an organization, you accept that Sid and Geno were born to attack and you do one of two things:

1. Build a stacked top 6 around Sid and Geno and trust them to set the tone and disguise a lot of weaknesses.

OR

2. Trade Geno.

That's not some drama play. It's just acceptance that given their ages and the way the league is now, you either build around Sid and Geno or you end the Sid and Geno era, because this 'dilute the top 6 for some faux quest for balance' approach isn't the end either of them deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad