GDT: Pens cross the border to smoke some Leaf @ 7:00 EST/ 4:00 PST

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Ginger Papa great gdt! Rush being my all time favorite band that re-rendition of the trees is genius. let's go post that on the leafs board ;)
Thanks for the kind words. I used to post there and found quite a few friendly Members, but unfortunately there are also a lot of prickly ones who seem to dislike "outsiders" in their GDT's, so I haven't visited them for quite a while. Fortunately, there's plenty of Boards like this one who appreciate a good old fan of the game :).

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thanks for the kind words. I used to post there and found quite a few friendly Members, but unfortunately there are also a lot of prickly ones who seem to dislike "outsiders" in their GDT's, so I haven't visited them for quite a while. Fortunately, there's plenty of Boards like this one who appreciate a good old fan of the game :).
I use to post there as well just because it's a thriving forum however I felt that many moons ago. I don't even wanna taunt teams I wanna go say hi to them during a PGT when we lose or win and not even taunt them but any negatives for either team is like why the hell are you here.

Can't I just be a fan of hockey?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
@Tom Hanks

49f74f99c779a50909ba1c03a5189761201d6945.jpg

Fine, whatever.

At least it's something that keeps Sullivan from indulging Madden's wet dream of separating Rust from Geno.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think this one is going to be a tough one.

Toronto media is killing the Leafs for not playing hard enough, they just got knocked out of the playoff spot last night by Florida, you have to think Leafs players will be all in tonight playing at a playoff intensity.

Yep, and with no morning skate we’ll probably start slow...I could see us being down a couple goals early and chasing the game...Leafs will play hard defensively after all the shit they’ve been given the last couple days...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pens just gotta weather early.

TOR will collapse. They weren't as good as their early season record indicated.

Reactions: ColePens

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Not saying game time decision? That’s not our Sully. Is he ill?
I can see the Leafs wringing their hands wondering whether to prepare for Riiko or Trotman. I wasn’t watching super close the other night but I didn’t see 50 **** the bed.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Honestly, their core isn’t inexperienced anymore. Matthews and Marner are in their 4th seasons with 3 PO appearances, Nylander has that plus a partial season, Rielly is in his 7th season with 3 PO appearances and Andersen in his 7th season with 6 PO appearances. They had an experience (pos) coach, they had an experienced GM and they’ve had vets around them. They don’t have the experience of a deep run but that’s the failure to get out of the 1st round.

The culture sounds like a problem and the roster could be built better but it’s not “oh man, the experienced players are really letting down our infant core.”

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Leafs are really bad on D without Reilly. Muzzin is the Jason Thompson of the 1984 Pirates. He looks good because nothing is good around him. Anderson was folding the tent last year and Pens ran out of time plus that BS call on Dumo on his goal. Wait till the Leafs witness the full power of the Pens space station.

Man, that’s an obscure analogy; my compliments. I thought I was the only one watching in 84-86. Guess not.

You’re right though. Muzzin wasn’t good, but I almost busted a gut when -I thin it was Lafferty - manhandled Sandin along the boards and walked away with the puck. And Marincin was noticeably worse.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Big test tonight for
Murr, JJ, Letang, MP and Schultz.
Those are the guys who'll need to weather the storm.
Jarr's was aces Tuesday early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad