Rumor: Pens considering 91-92 style jersey for next season

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I don't think it's appropriate to bring back the Howard Baldwin logo, but man, I think that's about as good as another Pens logo can get. It gave the impression of regality and speed in an elegant triangular form. I couldn't stop drawing it as a kid. That and the Michael Keaton Batman emblem.

I respect each individual opinion on the design (the rest of the jersey(s) was pedestrian), but I sense a lot of groupthink against it for some reason. Maybe it's contextual.

On topic though, I agree it's time for sharper colors, and something inspired by the early 90s editions is the way to go. I think the Capitals, of all teams, really got the modern revival right.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
It was fun to draw back in the day.

Our jerseys have been meh for a long time. It would be nice to have something badass, or an instant classic.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
While I do like the modern Capitals red and white unis, I much preferred their 70's-80's look more. The jerseys they wore at the Winter Classic we hosted were the best, imo. I also prefer the red wine red they used to wear, as opposed to the 'rock the red' they wear now.

But I'm old school, and as a general rule I usually prefer original uniforms for most teams...the Penguins being one exception, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad