Rumor: Pens considering 91-92 style jersey for next season

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Via Icethetics. Very trusted source in hockey jersey news.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2014/1/8/loose-threads-alternates-adidas.html

Penguins pondering another retro third jersey

The PITTSBURGH PENGUINS are considering a new third jersey for next season, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. And it could make a lot of fans' dreams come true. (I'm thinking of one regular reader in particular. He knows who he is.)

The only details came by way of an article published on Dec. 13, the day the Pens unveiled their Stadium Series jersey, which the article confirmed will only be worn once.

There are tentative plans for a new alternate jersey that could debut next season. A design is not finalized, but under consideration is a jersey similar to the ones the Penguins wore during their 1991 and 1992 Stanley Cup runs.

Who's excited?

If they're smart, they'll move forward with these plans. Such a jersey would probably sell well, especially among Icethetics readers. But don't take my word for it. Check out the rating for the Penguins concept I posted yesterday.

Michael8771*

These are easily my favorite jerseys we ever had. Do it!

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
I know we have barely got halfway to double figures in responses but could this be the most unanimously positive response to a thread on Pens Jerseys ever?! Or on this board ever...?!

(Nobody let me down now please!)

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
the article links to this ...

0107-scottdempsey-pit.png

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Good as long as they aren't as cursed as those damn blue uniforms. I always liked the early 90's uniforms. I also liked the diagonal Pittsburgh jersey from back then too.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
awesome.. but it better have the yellow.

for 21 years we put our middle finger up to boston (who gets upset when pittsburgh teams wear pittsburgh colors). time to put the finger up again.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Those concept jerseys^ look sweet.
The gold in the jerseys now looks so outdated. Need to bring back the sharper color.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
As great as this would be...I'll believe it when I see it. We've been teased with this for how long now???

Ironically enough I just got a new customized Lemieux '92 away CCM 550 replica Cup jersey a few weeks ago from SportsK. :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Is it just me or are the white 90's Lemieux era Cup jerseys hard as hell to find??

Obviously we know our '92 black and yellow Cup jerseys are easy as pie to find as CCM 550 replicas, but why are the white ones so ignored? Are the white ones even made anymore??? Or are or were they ever made as CCM 550 replicas to begin with???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad