Confirmed with Link: Pens Claim Condon Off Waivers

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WRONG!!! Clearly NJ will put a claim on him.:laugh:

They won't now since Wedgewood cleared. Heh. But i get what your'e sayin'.

Once the season does get rolling/Murz comes back, i think theres enough room to carry all 3 G's(i'd have to check the $) with the big club. Something to consider if JR has any inkling of trading MAF this season or a "just in case" type deal.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I actually like that they picked up Condon, they were pretty thin at the AHL level in goalies already. I wasn't comfortable with a Jarry-DeSmith goalie duo for WBS this year, I'd be much happier with a Condon-Jarry tandem in WBS. Condon is a good backup, he's a better version of Zatkoff imo.

Although he's likely purely insurance until Murray is healthy, I like to think that a Murray-Condon goalie tandem would be a strong group if Fleury gets traded.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Also Condon's on a 2-way contract this year. (last yr of his 2 yr deal)
So when we waive him once MM comes back and he doesn't get claimed, he'll just be in the mix in WB.

Condon is on a 1-way deal. And if you send him down, MTL is probably going to claim him back.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Also Condon's on a 2-way contract this year. (last yr of his 2 yr deal)
So when we waive him once MM comes back and he doesn't get claimed, he'll just be in the mix in WB.

I thought somebody said his deal was two-way the first year and one-way the second year (this year).

Either way it won't count against the cap if we send him down, we'd just have to pay someone half a million dollars to play in the AHL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Condon is on a 1-way deal. And if you send him down, MTL is probably going to claim him back.

A. The Habs don't get priority in re-claiming Condon
B. Why would the Habs claim Condon? They just waived him because they didn't need a goalie, they'd be in the same exact spot if they picked him back up

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Security.. Because one of the two goalies either fleury or MM will be moved

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
B. Why would the Habs claim Condon? They just waived him because they didn't need a goalie, they'd be in the same exact spot if they picked him back up

I believe if Montreal reclaimed him they could send him him down to the AHL.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

A. Yes, they do.
B. Bergevin like depth. MTL waived Condon because Montoya was better than him in training camp, who said MTL didn't want to have Condon as their 3rd G? Take a second to remember what happened to MTL last season after Price got injured. And it wouldn't be like he would be the only player in our farm team with a 1-way deal.

Edit: Bergevin said in press conference "I was hoping he cleared waivers".

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How is that not relevant? If we trade Fleury, we can expose Condon.

Yeah assuming claiming a back up for insurance while Murray is hurt was also done so they can trade Fleury. I don't think this move has anything to do with trading Fleury and I expect Condon will be waived as soon as Murray is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad