Pens Chrome logo for Stadium Series game

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yeah I like what the NCAAF us doing with a lot their teams, but isn't that Nike not Reebok? I'm not sure if Reebok can do those types of designs because I assume nike has them copyrighted.

You mean a trademark, not a copyright. Nike can only trademark certain kinds of things in this instance. A logo, a proprietary material (which might actually be a patent they hold), a slogan. You can't trademark patterns of color on a jersey. Or put another way you can't trademark layout styles AFAIK. It's too general. It's like trying to copyright a phrase people use in everyday conversation. Govt wouldn't do it unless the entity can definitely prove they invented it.

I suppose if the jersey pattern were part of the school branding and the school had trademarked it in the past, that's possible. But unlikely. Mostly they just trademark their mascot likeness, their helmet and jersey logos and their Logotype. So I don't think Reebok would be prevented from doing their spin on a Nike style jersey.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
We should go full retro.

11886-1293.gif

Fordy

May 28, 2008
the concept of "all chrome everything" as the idealized "future-type-thing" is itself a "retro" idea

so they are going retro

SICK

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lets never try anything new ever again. Just keep doing throw-backs until they're wearing animal skins and mud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad