Tribute What will the Rangers do for their 100th birthday?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I know we’re a few years away, but I just remembered that Toronto and Montreal wore throwback jerseys in their 100th anniversary. I want to say Montreal wore every previous jersey in their history that season, but I could be wrong.

What will the Rangers do? Bring the heritage jersey back? There’s also a bunch of slight jersey moderations the Rangers made throughout their history so it would be cool if they wear all of them.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Jerseys with original logo and color scheme to match (navy instead of blue; darker red):

1714702663522.jpeg

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
It really is. People don't understand... this team won three Stanley Cups in its first 14 years of existence. That was a hell of an accomplishment, even in that era. And it killed the NY Americans.
I'm going to double down on this too. Even amongst people that know about Cook and Boucher and think it's a travesty-- how many of them know about Ching Johnson? Two cups, four consecutive all star teams, and a single vote away from winning a Hart over Howie Morenz. He has a very legitimate case as the second greatest Rangers defenseman of all time over Brad Park, in my opinion. If you tell me that five percent of knowledgeable Rangers fans can name a thing about him, I'm calling bullshit.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm going to double down on this too. Even amongst people that know about Cook and Boucher and think it's a travesty-- how many of them know about Ching Johnson? Two cups, four consecutive all star teams, and a single vote away from winning a Hart over Howie Morenz. He has a very legitimate case as the second greatest Rangers defenseman of all time over Brad Park, in my opinion. If you tell me that five percent of knowledgeable Rangers fans can name a thing about him, I'm calling bullshit.

Have honestly never heard the name Ching Johnson in my life but it looks like he was the 1930s Girardi/Lindgren?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My expectations are a low because this org has always proven they rather do the bare minimum and just mail it in.

However, the Bruins this season have really set the bar for what to expect for a centennial.

- Special anniversary logo
- 3 new jerseys worn throughout the season
- Rafters reunion nights
- Era nights
- A Heritage Hall of Fame in the arena
- 100 days of hockey community outreach campaign
- Announcing a centennial team
- Commemorative books
- A four-part documentary focusing on the history of the team

Anything less than this, will be a disappointment. So I am already preparing to be disappointed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I know we’re a few years away, but I just remembered that Toronto and Montreal wore throwback jerseys in their 100th anniversary. I want to say Montreal wore every previous jersey in their history that season, but I could be wrong.

What will the Rangers do? Bring the heritage jersey back? There’s also a bunch of slight jersey moderations the Rangers made throughout their history so it would be cool if they wear all of them.
jerseys yes and honor Brad Park, who should always have been made more welcome
not his fault that effin moron Cat Francis traded him to Bs

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Bring in all living coaches, including the most recent and currently-unemployed ones obviously.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Create yet another heritage/3rd jersey that Jim Dolan is happy to sell to ewe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad