Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Carolina (April 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
I'd be perfectly fine with sitting Neal and Letang for the whole week or longer if that's what it took to be sure they're healthy for the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
"So Dan, Neal and Sid are out. You're going to need to shake the lines up. Create the most dangerous 2nd-line possible"

"You bet!!! Morrow - Jokinen - Dupuis"

<drives car off cliff>

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'd be perfectly fine with sitting Neal and Letang for the whole week or longer if that's what it took to be sure they're healthy for the playoffs.

Letang definitely, Neal I think it's going to be more then that, maybe a few games in before the playoffs (this is just my opinion btw)

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
"So Dan, Neal and Sid are out. You're going to need to shake the lines up. Create the most dangerous 2nd-line possible"

<drives car off cliff>

Are you really that surprised with DB?

Personally I would have given Bennett a shot and left Morrow on the 3rd line but what ever I guess DB knows something we don't :help:

CrozJawz*

Are you really that surprised with DB?

Personally I would have given Bennett a shot and left Morrow on the 3rd line but what ever I guess DB knows something we don't :help:

Well, to be fair, maybe Dan likes Morrow in a matchup with Carolina...

Could be as simple as that, I don't know.:huh:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Unlimited roster... you want him in the lineup in case someone else in the top 9 gets hurt. He can literally play on any line and there's a pretty good chance that whoever he replaces, he's at least as good an all-around player if not better, with the exception of Kunitz and Iginla, maybe Dupuis (defensively). Probably means more scratches for the Victorious One, though.

I worried he's going to retire after having to play with Adams and Glass for a few games. Bennett's been great but I'd much rather use Joey Victory in a 4th line role.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

<drives car off cliff>

I don't have a problem with that line. I think it will be pretty good.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley

It's got the makings of a pretty complimentary line in terms of styles anyway.

Morrow - Power Forward
Jokinen - Playmaker
Dupuis - Sniper :sarcasm:

But for real, other than maybe putting Bennett up in Morrow's spot I'm not sure what more can be done given the injuries to Crosby and Neal.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

It's a cap world, so you can't have the best of all worlds, so it should ALWAYS be:

Plugger-Center-Scorer

That's why I'm all for separating Kunitz and Dupuis when (har har) everyone's healthy.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Looks like Bennett will at least get time on the 2nd PP unit, despite likely being on the 4th line (a total waste IMO and possibly a good way to regress his game some).

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's a cap world, so you can't have the best of all worlds, so it should ALWAYS be:

Plugger-Center-Scorer

That's why I'm all for separating Kunitz and Dupuis when (har har) everyone's healthy.

is it because they are both pluggers, or they are both scorers?;)

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Looks like Bennett will at least get time on the 2nd PP unit, despite likely being on the 4th line (a total waste IMO and possibly a good way to regress his game some).

You just gotta love the Hockeys Future Gang.

Bennett has already been focused on defense and board play so far. Whatever offense he has provided has been a bonus. Sounds like a good 4th liner to me....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I dont think Beau's game sounds like a 4th liner role and I don't think it will kill his game, either. Happy medium there.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Has Carolina really lost 11 of their last 12? Is Ward being out hurting them that badly or do they have other injuries also?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't see why it can't be..

Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Kunitz-Jokinen-Dupuis

Keeps Kunitz, Dupuis together. 1st line is still very dangerous. Morrow, Cooke, Sutter go to the 3rd. I just HATE Beau on the 4th. What's the point? Play him top 6 line minutes in Wilkes Barre but don't waste him here on the 4th.. Even the 3rd I could live with, but the 4th is just stupid.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Has Carolina really lost 11 of their last 12? Is Ward being out hurting them that badly or do they have other injuries also?

You can't just blame goaltending, but it has been atrocious. Peters just got pulled halfway through the first after two really bad goals. Carolina had been playing Boston pretty evenly up to that point.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Nash scores a ridiculously easy goal. If it were Kunitz, it would definitely be disallowed.

Carolina looks like crap. They'll no doubt play inspired hockey tomorrow night.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread, at least by half. Sorry.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The Staal brothers put on face visors and they tank. Goaltending is just a bad for the Canes. So much optimism but they look uninterested. But I have no doubt they will be all in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille