Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Carolina (April 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Will be interesting to see what the lines out of practice are today (are they still in Pittsburgh or down in Carolina already?) if Nealer's not in there.

In any case this should be a good opportunity for us to grab two points towards the 1 seed in the East. Carolina has been playing like absolute **** lately and their big offensive guys are all snake-bit lately.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Will be interesting to see what the lines out of practice are today (are they still in Pittsburgh or down in Carolina already?) if Nealer's not in there.

In any case this should be a good opportunity for us to grab two points towards the 1 seed in the East. Carolina has been playing like absolute **** lately and their big offensive guys are all snake-bit lately.

Pens practicing in Pgh today, Pens getting a break with the schedule Canes play in Boston tonight.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Well, at least Sutter isn't hurt.

Hopefully we have Neal for the playoffs. And Crosby. And Martin.

And Malkin, when he gets hurt. And Letang, as I'm sure something will happen to him.

Tanner Glass will be fine, don't worry.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Guess it was too much to hope Dangles might get some love on the Top 6 with Neal out. Who knows maybe lines tomorrow will be different but I doubt it.

That 1st line does look pretty bad-ass though. Second one is a little scary.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
That second line...oof.

If someone would of told me the second line would be Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis come April, I'd ask for a gun.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I don't see that working out particularly well. Because there's only one guy who can skate.

I guess they can use Dupuis as the first forechecker in, just play a dump and chase game... Jokinen gains the NZ, dumps the puck and Dupuis flies in to get it secured behind the goalline. Jokinen second guy in, tries to help Dupuis set up the cycle or maintain posession behind the net, Morrow goes straight to the paint?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Don't see the point of calling up Bennett if he's going to play on the 4th line.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Unlimited roster... you want him in the lineup in case someone else in the top 9 gets hurt. He can literally play on any line and there's a pretty good chance that whoever he replaces, he's at least as good an all-around player if not better, with the exception of Kunitz and Iginla, maybe Dupuis (defensively). Probably means more scratches for the Victorious One, though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see that working out particularly well. Because there's only one guy who can skate.

I guess they can use Dupuis as the first forechecker in, just play a dump and chase game... Jokinen gains the NZ, dumps the puck and Dupuis flies in to get it secured behind the goalline. Jokinen second guy in, tries to help Dupuis set up the cycle or maintain posession behind the net, Morrow goes straight to the paint?

F3 man, F3. Don't like Morrow being "that guy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad